Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › General Stuff › Instructions/F.A.Q › My Plugin Just Stopped Working (What to do next)
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 1 month ago by Ivy.
April 4, 2012 at 12:10 am #6011IvyMember
A plugin usually never just stops working unless something has changed on the site. You didn’t do anything doesn’t actually mean that nothing has changed on your server.
If you are in a situation where you think this has happened then go through this checklist to try to identify the source of the issue. Think back to the time when this started and try to remember if any of the following happened:
- Updated, deleted or added any plugin(s)
- Updated WordPress
- Changed your theme
- Customized or tweaked your existing theme
- Changed hosting provider
- Your web host did maintenance work
- Your web host made changes to hosting configuration (some hosts do this without notifying the clients)
- You or an expert you hired changed the .htaccess or other configuration files on your site
- You made some changes to your Payment Gateway (example: PayPal) merchant profile settings (example, accidentally turned off IPN)
- You made some settings changes in the plugin then forgot about it (this happens a lot)
- Any other changes that you may have made
Usually one of the above changes can have a butterfly effect without you realizing it and cause the plugin to not function the way you expect it to.
Here are some examples:
How to Troubleshoot This Type of Issue
Here are some useful links that will help you troubleshot the issue and get you back on track. Go through them one by one and will be able to identify the source and fix it:
i) Theme and plugin conflict test – https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/test-to-identy-a-conflicting-theme-or-plugin
ii) Plugin Testing Checklist – https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/plugin-testing-checklist-setup-preparation-for-testing
iv) Re-install or Load a Fresh Build of the Plugin – https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/re-install-or-load-a-fresh-build-of-the-plugins
v) PayPal Account Profile Setup – https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/wp-estore-and-paypal-profile-settings
vi) Ask your hosting provider if they upgraded PHP or any other software on your server or changed configurations.
- The topic ‘My Plugin Just Stopped Working (What to do next)’ is closed to new replies.