Forum Replies Created
I did turn them off, it didn’t seem to break anything that I noticed. I also turned off thumbnails, which DID BREAK stuff so obviously your plugin needs that ON. I just don’t want a medium and large file sitting on my server and taking up space for not reason.
When and where does your plugin in need the extra 200×200 and 300×300 images it creates? Do I need them with template 1?
What are they used for?
So apparently your plugin NEEDS the 3 image sizes wordpress uploads by default to work correctly also. That’s what I can gather anyway, do we just need the thumbnail it generates? Can I turn off the medium and large default sizes it uploads?
Never mind I found a solution for deleting images from server.
From what I understand, and it seems to be the case (as I tried it). WordPress DOES allow you remove the default sizes by placing the value size to ZERO. This then won’t create or upload medium & large sizes. Seems to be working for me anyway.
Any simple method for deleting all sizes of images from server?
Any help with questions above Peter?
1. When I delete an image from Media Library, it’s only deleting the original image, is it possible to have it delete ALL sizes of the image. Thumbnails, watermark image, etc.?
2. If I don’t need the extra 200×200 & 300×300 this plugin creates can I just comment out those lines in the code? I assume those are for other templates sizes? I realize if I switched templates this could be a problem, but if I stick with Template 1 this shouldn’t matter to me?May 8, 2015 at 4:23 pm in reply to: How to reverse the order of galleries displayed in /photogallery folder #69934
Sorry to hijack your thread.
1. Are you watermarking your images yourself before upload? It appears your using template 9 (which is suppose to use original full size image) the way I understand it…but I’m having trouble with my images, it doesn’t appear to watermark the images (full size) in light box so just curious what you were doing?May 8, 2015 at 2:26 pm in reply to: Displaying Index pages and gallery order in Photo seller #67445
+2 for pagination on galleries
I’ll just installed and tested the one you emailed. It seems to be working much better. Couple questions…
1. Should I be content with your fix or is it better to find the code from the theme or plugin that is producing the extra files and resolve/delete the code that way?
2. Why do we need or have the extra sizes? Is that for other templates or sizes to fit other users needs? Is it possible to only convert the sizes we need and get rid of any extra sizes?
3. Here are the sizes it’s creating on my new test image now (plus the watermark, additional 150×150 thumbnail, & of course original)
4. Why do we need 2 thumbnails or why is it creating 2 of them?
5. And lastly I have my variations set for these sizes on this photo. Yet none of these sizes are the ones being saved upon upload, so why do we need any of the sizes above? Is your plugin just using the full size image and then creating it to send to customer upon purchase? If so where is this file being served/stored from?
Digital : Full Size (2816×2112)
Digital : Medium Size (1408×1056)
Digital : Small Size (704×528)
Sorry about my ignorance and silly questions just would like a better understanding of what’s going on here.
Well looks like I have some more investigation to do them, but ALL of these are saved into the WP Photo Seller Upload folder, but your still saying that other code is saving them there? I’ll see what I can find and get back to you, thanks for the reply.
got it fixed, thanks guys. Watermark font size was suppose to be set at 80 and it was set at 800, which was clearly causing display issues.May 4, 2015 at 5:03 am in reply to: Photo Seller – Bulk import function and OS X ZIP files #65923
I just tried this feature on OS X also and it doesn’t work. Says there is 2 files in folder, actually there is 54 images is all. Doesn’t import any photos at all. Can you send me the file with an update?
I wish I did know of one. I may have to resort to Flickr somehow and abandon this whole idea I’ve been working on. Maybe we could pull the original file from Flickr somehow, they give you a TON of storage for FREE.
I appreciate the feedback and information, really do. Unfortunately this is still not a viable solution to my problem. Which is storage size on my server. I simple don’t have room to store the files I’m uploading on my server and need them store/pulled off server. So I’m still back to square one for a real solution for my needs.
Yes I did read that several times, I’m just not sure that’s the correct solution either or will work with your plugin which is my issue. It appears on of the files are still stored on my server also, which defeats the purpose of saving space. Can’t just have them stored in both places and then pulled from CDN.
well I tried to use Amazon S3/Cloudfront approach and it fails upon saving to gallery. I am able to upload a image file and it will pull it from S3 but when I try to save the gallery it errors out on watermark saving and thus creates no thumbnail, watermark, and I can’t view the image at all. So back to the drawing board. Any ideas how customer (jonathonfowler) did this?