Forum Replies Created
September 29, 2022 at 4:04 am in reply to: Orders not showing up in Order Management #84686
I had similar issues.
Regarding PHP versions.
It appears that WPeStore (and the receipt add on in particular) doesn’t currently support PHO 8.0. I reverted to PHP 7.4 and most of the issues disappeared.
When will 8.0 be supported?August 16, 2021 at 8:44 am in reply to: Access to details on shipping costs #83531
Do you need any more information from me?
I am keen to find out the answer.August 12, 2021 at 4:17 am in reply to: Access to details on shipping costs #83509
Thank you for your guidance so far.
I had read “how the cost calculator works” – several times!
It seems clear so I believe I’ve not missed something.
I’ll attempt a detailed description which I hope helps.
I am using “1. the Simple Shipping Option” for all products.
In WP eStore Settings the Base Shipping Cost is set to 3.00.
Where that is enough we put 0.001 into Item Shipping Cost for the individual product.
When it needs to be more we put the additional charge into the Item Shipping cost.
Referring back to my previous pdf example but with more detail.
I have two product each set up with Item Shipping Cost as 0.75
The overall shipping cost is calculated correctly (£3.75) and displayed separately when I add either to the cart.
If I add both products to the cart it also calculates and displays the shipping correctly in the cart (£4.50)
So far so good.
BUT for one book the receipt includes the shipping cost for the book in the book’s price and for the other book the receipt shows the shipping as a separate amount.
Perhaps there is some other setting that is affecting this?
And regarding your other question yes we have the payment gateway bundle installed in addition to the basic cart (which uses standard PayPal) and the bundle is set up to take Stripe payments. Both seem to be working OK.
BUT the problem seems to happen when both payments use the same gateway (PayPal).
I trust that’s clear and sufficiently detailed.June 20, 2021 at 1:26 pm in reply to: Access to details on shipping costs #83203
Can I have a response please.June 15, 2021 at 2:22 pm in reply to: Access to details on shipping costs #83165
I’ve taken a good look at the Receipt Creator add on and can see where the shipping information is sometimes held but I’ve come across something in the output that seems odd as follows.
In some cases the Receipt Creator output (in the pdf) includes the shipping amount in the total for an item (on a single line) and in other cases it shows the shipping separately along with an overall total.
This even happens with different orders of the same product being shipped in the same way!
The receipt really ought to show the shipping separately in all cases in my view. The receipt total appears to be correct in both cases. I’d like to force it to always show the shipping separately. How can this be done?
Maybe it is supposed to show the shipping separately and there is some kind of glitch?
I can provide examples if that helps – subject to confidentiality. I can give you access to an admin account if need be.June 9, 2021 at 7:10 am in reply to: Access to details on shipping costs #83118
OK, I’ll do that.
Thank You.June 7, 2021 at 9:09 am in reply to: Access to details on shipping costs #83103
I’m not after anything complicated. Basically, I’d like the the same data as on a receipt but if I can access the total for a given purchase as shown in the cart when the payment was made for a given purchase I’d be very happy.
I think it would be good if there was an API but I’ll go ahead with the custom option.
Thanks. I’ll contact you directly via the custom link to get this set up.November 12, 2020 at 6:47 am in reply to: Customer not appearing in Manage Customers after a successful sale #81931
Thank you. The information provided was very helpful and the main issue is resolved.
I’ll add a few points in case it also helps someone else checking the forum and I’m also hoping that I’ll get this fully resolved.
The ipn_handle_debug.log is working now. I can ftp it to my PC and view it. The contents all seem correct.
On a test purchase an entry now goes into manage customers which was the initial problem.
However, I get 403 Error when I try to access the ipn_handle_debug.log and other log files through the links on
I think the original problem was something to do with file permissions but it’s hard to tell because of a few issues I had…
The debug files appeared to have the wrong permissions. I discovered that FileZilla wasn’t changing them when it appeared to (from a search this seems to be a well known issue with FileZilla) so I had to go in via the control panel.
That didn’t appear to work fully either but resetting the log files then worked ok. The reset didn’t previously help so something was changed in my attempts to set correct file and directory permissions.
I found a 403 error guide in another forum and followed that guide (which included checking file permissions and the .htaccess file) but that didn’t work.
So, I’m delighted that the shop is working again and that I’ve got entries going into the Manage Customer screen table but a little concerned about the 403 errors.