March 14, 2011 at 5:15 am #2934amin007Participant
If the autoresponder signup is not working for you then do the following to identify the issue:
Step 1) Enable debug from the settings menu of the plugin. The following post explains what debug is and how to enable it:
Step 2) Click the “Reset Debug Files” button in the settings menu of the plugin so we can get a clean capture.
Step 3) Place a squeeze page type form for a product (preferably for the product you are testing with) on a test page. This documentation explains what squeeze form is and how to use one:
Step 4) Now, use this squeeze form to submit a request.
Step 5) Share the content of the following two log files with us:
You can access these files from the debug settings section of the plugin.
The log files should tell you what the plugin is trying to do in terms of autoresponder signup. This can be really helpful to find out the following type of errors that may be occurring:
* if there is a typo in the list/campaign name (if the list name does not match then the plugins request to signup will be ignored by the autoresponder)
* if you have specified a wrong “From Email address”
* you are trying to signup using an email address that is already on the list (autoresponders will ignore signup request if the email address is already on that list)
* if the signup happened correctly but the opt-in email went to your junk mail folder
* if you haven’t specified the plugin to use a particular autoresponder in the settings menu, so its not even trying to do a signup.March 31, 2011 at 3:41 am #30138amin007Participant
Just wanted to add the following details that I have found to be the cause for autoresponder signups to not work. Check them thoroughly and see if you have made any of these mistakes.
AWeber Signups Not Working
The most common case for AWeber signups to not work is because users tend to not follow step 2 mentioned in this documentation:
MailChimp Signups Not Working
1. The most common case for MailChimp signup to not works is when the user specifies required fields for a particular list. Remember, the plugin is going to try to singup a customer using the most basic two information (name and email address). If you have specified that the field “City” is required then the signup is going to fail.
2. Also make sure you specify the correct details for the API key. Do not use the username and password option as MailChimp is starting to deprecate this option. The plugin will use the details you specify to authenticate with MailChimp. If the details are incorrect it won’t work.
3. Do not use other MailChimp plugin which can cause a conflict when trying to use the MailChimp API. For example the following plugin will cause a conflict:
Detailed expiation here (see the “MailChimp Widget” plugin section):
GetResponse Signups Not Working
When you copy the API key from your GetResponse account remember to look for a button to the right of the API key that says “ON/OFF”. It is OFF by default. The API key is not activated until this is turned ON so make sure to turn in on.September 22, 2011 at 11:31 pm #30139adminKeymaster
Helpful Autoresponder Troubleshooting Related Posts
The following posts capture the problem and the solution for various autoresponder signup related issues from other users. Scanning through them might help you find your setup mistake:
- The topic ‘WP eStore – Troubleshooting Autoresponder Signup Not Working’ is closed to new replies.