April 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm #3093April 1, 2011 at 3:51 pm #30927
Change the URL conversion preference to “relative.”April 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm #30928
Wow, also be aware that whoever your hosting provider is, has your account really locked down. You may need to switch to the Amazon S3 integration mode.April 1, 2011 at 5:29 pm #30929
Where is the setting to change the url preference?
Yeah my hosting contract is up in July so I’ve been looking for a place to move my sites.April 1, 2011 at 5:37 pm #30930
Wait, found that setting and it still doesn’t workApril 1, 2011 at 11:32 pm #30931
Given that both the Absolute and Relative URL conversion preferences do not work for you; and the fact that your hosting package is so locked down; my recommendation is that, if you want to continue using your current provider, that you implement the Amazon S3 integration feature.
By doing so, you are effectively outsourcing the storage and downloading of files from your server to the faster and more reliable Amazon S3 servers.
When you begin looking for another host, please specifically look for these items, based on the messages returned in you log file:
* Ability to turn off PHP Safe Mode (mandatory). This is where most of the problems come from.
* Ability to use URL aware fopen() calls in PHP (should have). Affects ability to use cURL and ability to access files stored under a different subdomain.
* Ability to affect maximum PHP script execution time (mandatory). Without this ability, your self hosted downloads may be truncated.
* Ability to use cURL (nice to have, but optional). Affects ability to use DL method 7. eStore tried using method 7 in your case because Absolute and Relative URL conversion failed.April 2, 2011 at 8:26 pm #30932
Trying to use S3 but now I’m getting the following error – Please tell us the AS3TP URI for the product was either malformed or that the AS3TP configuration is incorrect. Thank you!
I’m sure the key and secret key are correct, and I’m following the example for the URI.
Is there another setting I need to check or uncheck?
Should the “downloadable” box be checked on the product?April 2, 2011 at 10:04 pm #30933
Replace “bucket” with the name of your S3 bucket and “object” with the name of your file.April 3, 2011 at 1:32 am #30934
P.S. A common mistake is to create bucket names with upper case letters…April 3, 2011 at 2:33 am #30935
Aha! I had an uppercase letter in the bucket nameApril 3, 2011 at 1:26 pm #30936
Maybe I need to incorporate some sort of input validation…June 17, 2011 at 7:28 pm #30937zskymanMember
I am having problems also…
When the link is emailed, it returns.
Download file cannot be opened. Please let us know. Thank you!
I dont know where to start giving info..so if someone will ask what is important, I will do my best to answer so I can get my website working correctly.
AlanJune 17, 2011 at 9:46 pm #30938
1. Are you hosting the files on your server or on Amazon?
2. Is the Product URL correct?
3. Is the problem only happening for a particular file?
4. Does the problem only happen for emailed links?June 17, 2011 at 11:06 pm #30939zskymanMember
no, it is hosted with bluehost.com
as far as i know, yes..i used the media uploader with wordpress. then copied and pasted that url into line that says location of digital download.
no..it happens on every file that i can see
no..it happens also if i go to admin functions and create encryted link also.June 18, 2011 at 12:28 am #30940
It could be a permissions problem. If you copied the product URL and pasted it into the address bar of your browser, while you are not logged into the site, does the file download?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.