October 4, 2012 at 6:39 am #7558
Sorry for the many questions I just figured it would move things along a bit quicker for me to ask all of these at once, especially since some of them are related to each other and are necessary to get the new development for my site moving along.
1. Is there a way to have a resend email button, to resend verification email in the case it wasnt received or missed and deleted?
2. Are members of my wordpress user table imported into my free user membership level by default.
3. Does eMembers signup process replace the default registration process used by buddypress/wordpress?
4. Will eMember create a user account within wordpress too? I use a custom form for the buddypress signup to create a blog for each member by default. I suspect this will no longer happen. I also have some functions hooked into the wordpress signup process. Will these still trigger or do I need hook them into eMembers registration process?
5. I want to create a free trial use for one of my membership levels. When this free trial expires will the account automatically transition back to the original membership level?
6. If a membership level expires will it automatically transition to the free membership level?
ThanksOctober 4, 2012 at 9:23 am #50029
I found an article that answers 3 and 4.
I will continue to search about for answers to my other questions, I have looked im just getting more creative with the terms used within my searches. Please do post info on my other questions. I will add to this post if I find additional info on my own. ThanksOctober 5, 2012 at 12:33 am #50030adminKeymaster
1) Yes, go to the admin functions menu in eMember and you can generate another registration completion email.
2) No, but you can import your WordPress users to any level you want by going to the following interface of eMember:
WP eMember -> Members -> Import WP Users
3) Yes, it is better to have one registration and login process for the whole site (you can still use them if you like but I think it will be confusing for your users).
4) Yes, Simply enable the WP User integration feature if you want it.
5) There are few different ways you can offer a free trial membership. Have a look at all the following links and see which one suits you:
6) You can allow your users to downgrade to a free membership level:October 5, 2012 at 2:07 am #50031
Thank You for all of the answers.October 13, 2012 at 11:26 pm #50032stephensdavisMember
Is there a way to pint and/or download the member directory?October 14, 2012 at 12:00 am #50033nurMember
in members->Member Lists, option 3 allows you to download all member info in CSV format.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.