March 5, 2014 at 5:56 pm #10005
I know there are many threads about both of these issues but I’m having BOTH issues and am getting frustrated.
First of all, many of my customers are not getting the download email. They get the paypal receipt, but not the download email. Every time *I* purchase the book, I get the email immediately, so I’m not sure what to do. I know it may have gone to spam, etc. But what is my next step? Can I look up their email and send it again? At this point, I don’t even care to fix it, I just want to respond to the myriad of emails with something more helpful than “keep checking”.
After this started happening, I decided to do a Thank You page w/download link. I followed the directions to a T and everything redirects perfectly but the download link doesn’t show up. I’ve tried both short codes: [wp_eStore_transaction_result:end] and the code from the tutorial.
HELP! I’ve sold over 300 units today and have had over 25 emails with problems.March 5, 2014 at 11:38 pm #61317
Hi, Go to the Admin Functions menu and you can generate a new encrypted link and send it to the customer again (who didn’t get it the first time).
Now, 90% of your users getting the email means, you don’t have any issue in the plugin. However, you do have an email delivery issue but that is not something that this plugin is causing. Take some time and fully read the following post and it will make more sense:
Lets take a look at the “Thank You” page setup issue. A lot of users make mistake when they enter the PDT identity token. Double checking this value is also a good idea.
Did you notice any error on the “Thank You” page when you got sent to that page after the payment?
Did you take a look at the following two pots where it has info on where other users went wrong:March 7, 2014 at 1:35 am #61318
1. When I generate a new link and email it from the Admin Functions menu, the email is still not sent (or received, whatever).
2. I read through the link about not receiving emails. I am assuming the problem is w/in my email–it either assumed I was spamming and stopped me from sending them OR some clients just stopped all my emails from arriving. NOT ONE customer has said they found the email in their junk folder. No one has received it at all. So, my question is, will they ever receive it AND will this be a constant problem? And if so, how do I fix it?
3. I installed the SMTP plugin but am unsure how to tell if it’s working.
4. Somehow I got the Thank You page link working. I don’t know what happened as I did the exact same thing as before. But at least future buyers should at least be able to download the book.
Thanks for your help.
aMarch 7, 2014 at 2:12 am #61319wzpModerator
As @admin pointed out, in Checklist item #1, some hosting providers have daily limits on the number or amount of outgoing emails. Who is your hosting provider?
Have you asked your hosting providers why some of the emails are not getting delivered?
After you generate the link, don’t send it via the plugin. Send it via your personal email client (example: Gmail, Yahoo etc). If your server is having email issues (I know that you are) then sending the email via the plugin will have the same effect.March 7, 2014 at 6:33 pm #61320
So, my blog is hosted by Synthesis. But I’ve got my email popped thru gmail. So, do I contact Synthesis? Or gmail? (Can you even contact gmail?!)
And yes, I’ve been sending the link thru my own email client.
aMarch 7, 2014 at 10:48 pm #61321
You would want to contact your hosting provider (not gmail). Hosting providers can see all the email sending calls that were made on the server.
You should also use the email tester plugin to re-create the issue. Here is what you should use in that tester plugin when testing:
– Use the email address of a customer that didn’t get the email (as the to address).
– Use the same from email details (that you are using in eStore setting).
– Use the same email body text with the encrypted link in it. Email delivery can be different if it has a link in it.
When you do the above and the email still doesn’t end up in the recipient’s inbox, you can show it to your hosting provider.April 21, 2020 at 5:06 pm #61322iwomanParticipant
We just purchased WP eSTORE. [Transaction ID: ch_*****]
We received Thank You letter with a download link. But link goes nowhere. Does not download.April 22, 2020 at 12:43 am #61323
We have just sent you an email with new download info. Let us know if you don’t receive it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.