Forum Replies Created
Hmmm. not quite what I was after. See for most of the site I use the shopping cart widget and sidebar widget. Only one section of the site features a product with and the pages are single columns (NO SIDEBAR) meaning that when add to cart is clicked there is NO visible reference that an item was placed in a cart unless I put the code “[show_wp_shopping_cart]” somewhere on the page which looks ugly. I only want the shopping cart to show up in a popup window on these pages since there isn’t a sidebar on these pages with the widget. Also this function seems to open a whole new site page, not just the shopping cart.
Exactly. How do I do that?April 17, 2010 at 3:19 am in reply to: Item description on receipt comes in as jibberish?! #19714
The problem seems to be with Paypal and it’s handling of characters that are not numbers or letters. I have a “-” (ie. Non-Smoker) in one of my descriptions which is probably the culprit. I’ve tried the method below and will let you know if it is successful.
1) Log into your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com
2) Click the Profile link
3) Click the ‘Language Encoding’ link under the Selling Preferences column
4) Click the grey ‘More Options’ button
5) Choose ‘ISO-8859-1’ from the Encoding drop down menu
6) Select ‘Yes’ for ‘Do you want to use the same encoding for data sent from PayPal to you (e.g., IPN, downloadable logs, emails)?’
7) Click ‘Save’
For some reason the first time I tried that it didn’t work but now it does! Thanks!
I can’t seem to locate this code. Is it located in my theme sidebar.php I don’t see it there? I don’t remember adding it there? I also don’t see it in the wp_shopping_cart.php file.