November 19, 2013 at 4:21 pm #10053
WP Affiliates recently purchased. Installed successfully. Seems to work fine. I like it. Following integration documentation, it seems all I need is have WP Affiliates (Version v5.7.3) and WooCommerce (Version 1.6.6) installed, which I do, on an iMac with WordPress 3.5.1.
I have set up a “fake affiliate” to test the system. I have configured settings and created banners. My test banner is here: [http://bluehagbooks.com/contact/] Hovering over it shows the correct affiliate ID, and clicking brings me to my store just as it should. I have performed four test sales through that link, purchasing via PayPal. I am able to log into my affiliate account. WP Affiliates is tracking clicks but not sales. Searching for answers, I have marked my test sales order status as completed in WooCommerce. I have enabled debug and am getting this message:
[11/19/2013 2:44 PM] – SUCCESS :WooCommerce Affiliate integration – Order processed… checking if affiliate commission need to be awarded.
[11/19/2013 2:44 PM] – FAILURE :WooCommerce Affiliate integration – customer IP address is missing in WooCommerce order.
I have checked the orders in question in WooCommerce and find IP addresses listed in the appropriate places.
Perhaps related to this, WP Affiliates is not sending Login emails to my affiliate emails. It worked the first time, when I set up an affiliate account with my own name and email address (the same as I use in WP) but has not worked since, with other working email addresses I have used. I have checked spam, have installed and used the WP Email Funtionality Tester plugin (works successfully), have doubled checked my email settings in WP Affiliates, etc. But no emails have been sent to my test affiliates. Checking debug after creating a new test affiliate, I find this:
[11/19/2013 2:56 PM] – SUCCESS :===> Performing autoresponder signup if specified. <===
[11/19/2013 2:56 PM] – SUCCESS :===> End of autoresponder signup <===
Also perhaps related, and for what it’s worth, when I check the ClickThroughs page of my WP Affiliates plugin, I notice that, while the click throughs show up from the appropriate affiliate/URL, that the times listed for these clicks is off by about five hours.
That’s all I can think to tell you right now. Please let me know what other information I can give you to allow you to help me.
TimNovember 19, 2013 at 7:43 pm #59043alchemynickMember
I would like to add this post. I am also using WP Affiliate and WooCommerce although we are not using Paypal as a gateway we are using Wirecard.
Affiliate is tracked but no sale is registered. Is there something we need to trigger to record the sale?
ThanksNovember 19, 2013 at 11:47 pm #59044
@tswabbit, Your WooCommerce plugin version (1.6.6) is very very old. Please upgrade it to their latest version. WooCommerce changed a few things in their recent versions so we updated out plugin accordingly. You should not be using any WooCommerce version that is older than v2.0. Please upgrade and then do a test.November 19, 2013 at 11:47 pm #59045
@alchemynick, Please enable debug in the affiliate plugin then do a test transaction and share the debug file content.November 20, 2013 at 12:58 pm #59046
Thanks, Admin. I will try that. Was hoping to avoid it, as I avoid upgrades as much as and for as long as I can, when things are already working well. Ah well… that’s the way things work right now! Will upgrade and test and report back. Thanks!November 21, 2013 at 1:49 pm #59047
WooCommerce upgrade failed, as it did the first time I tried it. Also still running WP 3.5.1. I may need to pay someone to help with this process. Will report back once I figure out both WP and WooCommerce upgrade issues. Thanks!November 27, 2013 at 6:46 am #59048iseanseaniMember
I just bought the Wp Affiliate Plugin Today. I am excited about using it, however, I am getting anxious about it since I can’t seem to get the affiliate tracking working.
I really hope you can help me.
I tried to follow the instructional videos step-by-step – I set it in English, I set the commission to 25%, I set the recaptcha, I set the Additional Integration Options.
After that, I registered for an Affiliate account.
I filled out all necessary information.
After all that was done, I see my affiliate link at the home page as [http://beachbrine.com?ap_id=iseanseani]
I set up a test product at $0.20.
I opened that link on a new tab in google chrome [http://beachbrine.com/beach-brine-affiliate-test/] and went through checkout process, and bought my $0.20 test product.
It went well the first 2 times I tried it- I went to my affiliate page and refreshed the homepage, and I saw that sales were $0.4, and the commission for the test affiliate was $0.1.
HOWEVER, when I tried it the next couple times, and with different credit/debit cards, it stopped tracking the sales and commission. I tried it a total of 10 times. Nonetheless, my total sales was just the original 2 that went through successfully. It is still tracking click throughs, but not the sales, and commission.
So I now, I am stuck. I really hope you can help me.
I am looking forward to your response.
Thanks so much in advance!November 28, 2013 at 2:55 am #59049
@iseanseani, It worked a couple of times which means your setup is correct. I would like to get some confirmation on the following:
1) Did you click on your affiliate link before making the purchase (on the sales when it didn’t work)?
2) Is your order status getting set to complete after the payment? The affiliate plugin will only give commission when the order is complete.
I have sent you an email to get access to the site so I can check your setup anyway.February 7, 2014 at 7:44 pm #59050tracieaffiliateMember
We’ve been using the affiliate program for several months now and just recently partnered up with an affiliate that has a very large customer base. We just noticed this week that after he sent out an email with his affiliate link that 2 problems are occurring:
1) We currently sell 2 products, only one of which is part of the affiliate program we set up. When customers click on an affiliate’s link and are directed to the sales page for that particular item…but then also click on the other product we sell–which is not part of the program–and end up buying it, the plug-in then wants to count that as an affiliate sale, informs the affiliate they made a sale etc. So the question is, where did we go wrong and how do we make it so that only the one product counts as an affiliate sale?
2) The second problem we are having has to do with WooCommerce. We also just realized this week that if a person starts the purchase of a product (ie adds it to their cart) but then decides not to purchase it right before they put in their credit card, paypal info etc and closes out the page, it is still sending the affiliate a message telling them they have made a sale, when it fact they did not. This is getting to be a big problem in conjunction with the above problem, as we’ve had people trying to buy the product that isn’t part of the affiliate program AND not going through with the purchase as described above AND it’s still telling the affiliate they’ve made a sale.
Thank you for your help!February 7, 2014 at 11:09 pm #59051
1) We have an addon that you can use to exclude particular woocommerce products from the affiliate system (by default all products are eligible for affiliate commission). I think using that addon will help.
2) That should never happen. The affiliate system only awards commission when a transaction is complete. I will take a look at your site to check your setup and see where things are going wrong. I have sent you an email for it.February 8, 2014 at 10:37 pm #59052tracieaffiliateMember
Thank you so much for your reply. Could you please tell me which addon I need to get that will fix the problem?
Also, I just realized that the person who helped us adding the affiliate plug-in has her email listed in our information and the system will not allow me to edit it for “security reasons”. I apologize for the inconvenience, but could you send the email in response to #2 above to [email@example.com]? Is there any way to change the email to this address because it should not go to the one listed in our contact info.
Again, thanks for your help and your quick reply!February 8, 2014 at 11:31 pm #59053
I have sent you an email to sort it out.March 17, 2014 at 6:51 pm #59054pweMember
Not sure if this is still a problem for others, but we were stuck on this problem of tracking clicks but not sales for the last two days, so we wanted to share the resolution…
The debugging file told us that commissions will be awarded upon having the order status change to “complete”.
So if you are having this same issue, go into the WooCommerce Orders and change the order statuses of your test orders from “processing” to “Complete”. The commissions should show up.
We were unaware that you had to change the order statuses, but this is a very cool feature.March 19, 2014 at 11:37 pm #59055magmedMember
I have been using WP Affiliate Platform for some time with no problem. When I changed to Woocommerce for my shopping cart I started having problems with affiliate commission notifications. They use to come immediately after a sale, now sometimes they come several days later.
Also the Item ID showing the product SKU no longer shows on the Sales/Comm page.March 20, 2014 at 5:48 am #59056
Commissions are awarded when an order status is set to complete. Are your orders being set to complete after a few days or immediately as the order comes in?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.