March 21, 2012 at 5:41 pm #5883
I have a business relationship with another company where we sell their subscription products, then receive a portion each month of the recurring subscription. I’d like to use Affiliate Platform to setup a simple page on our site that offers their products (I have WP eStore too and can Plugin their PayPal email), but where the subscribe buttons all track to one affiliate account. So I have a couple of questions:
1) Does Affiliate Platform support PayPal subscriptions so it can track our portion of the subscription month after month, so they’ll know what to pay us each month?
2) Is it possible to setup subscribe buttons using either PayPal or WP eStore that automatically track to one affiliate account? Rather than having to use an affiliate link to take the user to that page each time?March 22, 2012 at 2:11 am #43257
The revenue sharing option of eStore and affiliate plugin will work better for your scenario:March 22, 2012 at 4:09 pm #43258
Okay, great. Thank you. Will this work with subscriptions and calculate the revenue share month after month?March 23, 2012 at 12:12 am #43259
Yes, as long as you have created a subscription product via eStore it will take care of that.April 27, 2012 at 12:02 am #43260
I’m finally having time to try this out. Partially because now we need it setup right away.
Here’s my problem: it appears that the Revenue Sharing option only allows a percentage to be put in. I need a specific dollar amount on each product. Is there any way to do this?April 27, 2012 at 8:13 am #43261
If you setup the affiliate plugin to use a fixed amount commission structure rather than a percentage based then you will be able to use a fixed amount commission in the eStore product. You can’t have a site where you are mixing percentage based commission for something and fixed commission for something.April 27, 2012 at 4:05 pm #43262
So Revenue Sharing uses the same rules as the commissions? I guess that’s where I got confused.April 28, 2012 at 12:06 am #43263
Yes it does. Basically, you setup in your affiliate plugin which of the following methods you want to use in your site and then everywhere you specify the “Commission Level” it will refer to that:
1. Percentage based commission
2. Fixed amount commissionApril 28, 2012 at 6:09 pm #43264
Okay. Thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.