April 22, 2010 at 5:26 am #15746
By looking at the shortcode that you are using I can tell that you are using the WP eCommerce plugin from Instinct. The simple paypal shopping cart by “Tips and Tricks HQ” is a different plugin. Please try their site for help.April 26, 2010 at 8:28 pm #15747mnkpx7Member
I figured it out. Under Products->Settings->Presentation, there is a drop down “Select what product group you want to display on the product page.” I used that to change the product page and changed [wpsc_category=3,full] to the correct category number so that it was [wpsc_category=7,full].
Next problem is how to change the display so that it will display as tiles rather than in a list. I’d rather figure it out for myself than buy it, but it may come to that in the end.April 26, 2010 at 11:18 pm #15748
You are using the wrong forum to post your issue. The product that you are using (WP eCommerce plugin) is not from “Tips and Tricks HQ”.July 2, 2010 at 7:30 am #15749zeeboidMember
Hey, I am thinking about picking up the eStore plugin but I want to try out the WP shoping cart first. The difficulty I am running into is that the shopping cart is not displaying at all when one clicks the “add to cart” buttons.
I’ve followed the directions to a T
Currently have the super cache disabled to take that out of the mix. Any sugguestions?July 2, 2010 at 9:28 am #15750
Have you placed the shortcode anywhere on the page that displays the shopping cart?
You can also use the sidebar widget that comes with the plugin to show the shopping cart.July 2, 2010 at 1:53 pm #15751zeeboidMember
Ahhh, that did it. I guess by “folled the directions to a T” I should say “Missed that part”
Thanks!July 2, 2010 at 8:29 pm #15752
Using the Simple Shopping card plugin for http://jonlash.com/store/ . The plugin has been really helpful thus far, but we’ve run into a few problems…
1. Currently we have “Free shipping for order over $15” set, but it’s not actually working when you go through the order process. Orders are still being charged $5, even though our Base Shipping Cost is listed as $5.
2. The “Return URL” where “customer will be redirected to after a successful payment” should go to http://jonlash.com/get-involved/ It’s not redirecting to anything right now, and just leaves you on the Paypal page with an “order successfully completed” page.
3. For the item “Bracelet & CD Combo,” we’d like to have an option where you’d select which CD you want to come with the bracelet. Is this possible?
Thanks a ton, really appreciate the help!
-JonJuly 3, 2010 at 12:37 am #15753
1. It doesn’t look like you are using an individual shipping price for the items. what shortcode are you using to display the “add to cart” button? Did you checkout this page:
2. There should be a link on the “order successfully completed” page that says something like “Return to Merchant”. When you click on that link it will redirect to the “Return URL” that you have specified.
3. Use variation control for this. More details here (see the “Using Variation Control Option” section):July 7, 2010 at 4:28 pm #15754
Hey Amin007, thanks a ton for the reply.
I followed your instructions, and have updated the shipping controls, as well as the variable control option for the CD Combo item.
I noticed a typo in my previous post… I meant to write, “Orders are still being charged $5, even though our Base Shipping Cost is listed as $3.” Makes much more sense now, and this is the problem I’m still having…
I want to have $3 base cost, plus $2 per item for shipping. I have the Base Shipping Cost set as “$3.00” in the plugin, but it’s not working. Paypal just asks for the shipping zip code, and charges $5 every time. Any ideas?July 8, 2010 at 12:39 am #15755
I just checked your store and the shipping seems to be working fine now. Are you still having issues?July 12, 2010 at 5:00 am #15756
It’s working in the site, but once the transaction transfers to Paypal, $5 is automatically added as an additional shipping fee (regardless of whether the purchase qualifies for free shipping, or is over $20.
I tested a $15 order, which came out to $9 S&H, and a $22 order, which came out to $5 S&HJuly 12, 2010 at 10:35 am #15757IvyMember
I have a feeling you have it specified in your PayPal profile to override the shipping. Please check your paypal profile shipping settings.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.