April 24, 2010 at 2:31 am #1123
I am having a problem with a site I have implemented for a client. I setup the WP eStore plugin and the testing, implementation, roll out and first purchase were fine but this morning I have been informed that the dreaded ‘Requested File Could Not Be Found’ message appeared! I have subsequently tested this myself and unfortunately I am able to replicate the issue.
Details as follows:
Client site (direct link to shop)
Product for this example:
Aries – Herbsmoke
WP eStore shortcode for this product:
Direct link to the product concerned (note that all the products use the full URL in the ‘Manage Products’ section):
Product link supplied by WP eStore by email:
Time-out for the product links:
Originally set to 48 hours but I’ve just bumped this to 240 hours just so the link doesn’t time out while this issue is ongoing.
I must admit I’m a bit stumped at this point. The only thing I can think is it’s perhaps because I am using an old version. My version number is 1.4, if that helps.
One last point, unrelated to the functionality of the plugin, is that I bought the plugin using my other email address (the .co.uk) and then registered for this forum with the .net. Sorry for any confusion but I can be contacted at either .co.uk or .net or even .com.au these days.
I’ve had a good search through the forums and can’t seem to see where I may have gone wrong, but please do let me know if you can spot anywhere things have gone awry.
Many thanks for any help you can offer in this regard. In the meantime I have supplied the client with the direct product links and given him instructions to email any purchasers the direct product link.
This issue aside, it has been a fantastically simple product to implement and I can’t speak highly enough of it when other clients have asked for recommendations of a suitable ecommerce solution for WordPress. Keep up the great work.
AllenApril 24, 2010 at 12:11 pm #20057amin007Participant
@Goodreds, You seem to be using a very old version of eStore so lets get you up and running with a more recent version first. This URL should help you with that:
Now, I am not sure if this is the case but some servers do not allow opening a file using a URL so I would say try using a relative URL for that file.April 25, 2010 at 3:17 am #20058
Many thanks for your ideas.
I’ve requested the update via the form as you have suggested. I’ll also change the URLs to relative URLs and hopefully things should sort themselves out.April 25, 2010 at 8:26 am #20059IvyMember
Hi, I have sent you the update you requested via email. Please let me know if you do not receive this email.
IvyApril 25, 2010 at 11:20 am #20060
Hi Ivy, i received the email without a problem, many thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.