October 8, 2014 at 1:55 am #11583underhillMember
I could use help with my WP Photo Seller plugin. I created a new gallery of wedding photos. Thumbnails appear, but when one clicks on them, larger images do not appear. Previous WP Photo Seller galleries work fine. *head scratching*
Link to troubled gallery: [http://www.schachtphoto.com/photogallery/gallery6/]
– Photocrati Theme version 4.8
– WordPress 4.0
– WP Photo Seller Version 1.5.4
– Jetpack Photon not activated
– My memory limit is 128M.October 8, 2014 at 2:33 am #65941PeterMember
Looks like something went wrong during your gallery creation phase – ie, I can see that the plugin thinks that the photos are still in a temp directory.
The plugin creates a temp directory when you are uploading photos to a new and unsaved gallery. If for some reason you don’t end up saving the new gallery after you upload the photos you can get the situation you are seeing.
We will modify the plugin so that such situations as this do not happen in future, but in the meantime, can you please do the following:
1) delete that gallery from the plugin “Gallery” menu.
2) FTP to your server and delete the “wpps_gallery_tmp_dir” directory which can be found in the wp-content/uploads/wp_photo_seller directory.
Also delete any folders of any galleries you may have deleted in step 1.
3) Grab the latest version of the plugin and deactivate and delete the current version and install the new one:
4) Re-create the gallery again and ensure to save it after you upload your photos.October 12, 2014 at 2:21 am #65942underhillMember
Worked like a charm.
I’m a photographer by training and IT isn’t my strong suit. Frequently when I have a technical problem with my website that’s unfamiliar, which happens a lot, I cross my fingers and hope my computer doesn’t explode. Thanks for the help!December 21, 2014 at 5:49 am #65943jungerMember
Is there an update to the plugin with a fix for this yet? We have been having the same issues. We deleted the entire gallery and re-created it with a new name and it still does the same thing. You can see the issue here, [http://monroecountynews.net/photogallery/photo_details/?gallery_id=32&image_id=6813]. As you can see the link to the image is going to the temp directory still even after being deleted. When looking at ftp at the folder structure you mention above there is no temp directory there. Please help.December 21, 2014 at 10:45 pm #65944PeterMember
You can get the latest version as per this link:May 21, 2015 at 3:36 pm #65945Dava007Member
Hi, I am trying to build a site around this plugin, unfortunately I seem to have a similar problem, I have the latest version, tried a fresh install, on both a shared hosting plan (which was slow, but over all it worked better, until the plugin started crashing the site) now it’s on a brand new VPS with 1GB of RAM… here is a run down of the issues current:
– I can upload pictures, however when a watermark is entered they go in the queue and either never complete (remain stuck on 1 of 6 by example) or are marked as “complete” but there does not seem to be any watermarked picture generated.
– Same problem (missing thumbnails) inside the galleries
– The galleries page [WPS_photo_gallery_home] shows a list of galleries, but no thumbnails on any of them.
– The WPS_Photo_Details shortcode does not show anything at all on its page, no navigation buttons, no prices, etc.
– I tried without watermaking, I tried bulk uploading with only 1 picture in the zip file, I tried uploading the pictures in the builtin wordpress gallery first then picking them up from there, nothing seems to make a difference.
– I tried to raise the php memory limit to 384MB in case it would help, when checking in phpinfo(); it registered the change, but the plugin only sees 256MB for some reason (which should be enough from what I read in the forums here).
Does anyone have a suggestion?May 21, 2015 at 4:38 pm #65946Dava007Member
I installed the PHP GD library and now everything is working (I hope)!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.