October 8, 2013 at 10:10 am #9810sandyfootprintsMember
Hi, How do i configure the membership plugin to only send a link for membership payment after admin has approved the account?
RachelOctober 8, 2013 at 11:49 am #58204PeterMember
Please see this link for how to set up manual approval:
When you are approving the member by editing their account, use the “Send a Notification to the User” field to send an email to that member too. That email can contain a link to your payment page.February 20, 2019 at 7:54 pm #58205Jay MeredithParticipant
I have need for a variation of this procedure. We have memberships based on whether a person is local or remote or is a single or family membership. Each membership has different dues. The club board must approve a potential member and determine what type of membership level to assign before the potential member pays dues and becomes an actual member.
Here’s an example of such a work flow:
1. The potential member clicks the Join Now button where he is registered for a free account in pending status.
2. The Membership Administrator reviews the new registration, then manually approves it by changing the potential member’s membership level to that most appropriate.
3. The potential member is then sent a message that contains a link to a confirmation page that details the new membership and provides a payment button for that membership level ONLY.
4. Upon payment, the potential member now becomes an active member.
It would be nice if these single membership payment pages could also be used as a renewal pages.
I have figured out how to do steps 1 and 2, but how about steps 3 and 4?February 21, 2019 at 6:25 am #58206adminKeymaster
I think there are a couple of ways you can handle this.
Use the following section protection shortcode to wrap your payment buttons for particular levels. Then you can send the member to that page (after you do your manual approval) to make the payment:
Alternatively, you can create separate pages for the different membership level’s payment button. Protect these pages for the corresponding membership levels. Then after you manually check their profile and set the membership level, you can email them and share the link to the correct payment page that they should go to and pay.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.