April 8, 2013 at 8:08 pm #8897
I have emailed you directly some hours ago, because the “new topic” form for some reason didn’t appear here. But now it does, so allow me to re-post.
I have your eMember, eStore and Affiliate plugins, but this problem is only to do with eMember.
The problem: After the purchase, I’m not getting the registration link.
I have scoured all your posts here dealing with this, and I’m pretty confident that I followed your instructions to the letter. And yet… I must have messed up SOMEWHERE…
Here’s my flow:
1. People pay on a sales page xxxx.html
This page is for a “premium” member level purchase, ID = 2.
2. “Advanced Variables” in step 3 of PayPal button are configured to read:
3. After payment, I get redirected to an aWeber registration page (in order to add the buyer to a list of buyers on that level)
4. aWeber then redirects me to the thankyou for the product itself
5. So now I check my email and can see I have received the following:
– aWeber form data transcript
– aWeber first email “Hi, thanks for purchasing…”
– PayPal payment confirmation
– aWeber list signup confirmation code
6. BUT: I did not get the eMember registration email (settings –> email settings –> Prompt to Complete Registration
7. So, I check aWeber to see if the new buyer is registered – YES
8. I check eMember to see if the new buyer is registered – NO
9. I double-checked all my settings in “pages/settings” and they look correct
10. I tried turning on the debug mode – but it doesn’t appear to work
We’re launching (hoping to), tomorrow – so any most urgent help from you would be greatly appreciated.
PS – my wordpress version is 3.5.1
my emember version is 8.5.7
not sure if it matters, but my estore version is 220.127.116.11 and my AffiliatePlatform version is 5.5.8April 8, 2013 at 11:05 pm #54947PeterMember
Hi, Please see admin’s response here and check your PayPal IPN settings (few users make a mistake here) and double check your URL in the button variable section:
If the above all checks out fine, please enable debug in eMember and share output of your
ipn_handle_debug_eMember.logand `subscription_handle_debug.log files so we can check it.
Please see this link to learn how to enable debug and troubleshoot direct PayPal button integration issue:
You mentioned that you have the eStore plugin… any reason why you are not using eStore button for membership payment? The reason I ask is because using an eStore button for membership payment is easier to setup than a direct PayPal button.April 8, 2013 at 11:14 pm #54948wpCommerceModerator
Hi, Just adding to Peter’s suggestion… have you tried a free registration to see if the plugin is functional on your site?April 9, 2013 at 7:41 am #54949
Hi, big thanks for your reply!!
I haven’t yet started using the eStore plugin. I just wanted to finish up the current phase with eMember, launch my product, etc, and THEN look at the eStore and Affiliate plugins – not to complicate things too much for myself… lol
As for Free Reg – I don’t use it, but I have tried it initially and it worked. Also (with a little help from you guys) I had another button WORKING before, but with a different product, etc. I’ve since overhauled everything and tried everything again with this new button – with the results as per above.
I’ll check everything as per your recommendations and will get back here once I know how it went.
THANKS again!!April 9, 2013 at 1:17 pm #54950
Well… it LOOKS like everything is correct. But it still doesn’t work…!
I’ve got this code in PayPal’s IPN notification URL: [https://webhooks.aweber.com/paypal_ipn/AgSsKilSmAF4Lfheqn3WaobO] — in case this might be something.
Am looking inside Aweber’s Apps and it says I have PayPal enabled (which someone told me I don’t need to have?) – and it also lists “Tips and Tricks HQ AWeber App” as well as “WordPress Webform Widget”. Could any of that be the cause of the problem?
Thanks for your help!!April 9, 2013 at 11:56 pm #54951adminKeymaster
You have a plugin or some other firewall setup on your server that is blocking access to the following script. This means PayPal is failing to communicate back to eMember after a Payment. Enter the following IPN URL and you will see how you get redirected to a login page:
Correct this mistake/issue then try another transaction.April 11, 2013 at 4:47 pm #54952
Got your mail, thanks very much!
For the benefit of others with the same problem – in my case it was a stray space within the IPN url in paypal. I should have copied the IPN URL from the “gateway settings” tab of eMember plugin. Anyway, sorted now – and it works!
BIG BIG thanks!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.