July 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm #3733
I have been a really happy WP eStore plugin customer since the day one – still very happy and no complaints today Big thumb to the support team here My following question is a very unique case and I’m just wondering if there is anyway to tweak the code to take more than one paypal payment accounts.
I set up a website to sell stuffs for other people and the money will (have to) go to
each people’s paypal or authorize.net account directly (so I cannot use my own paypal account to accept payment), and I need the shopping cart to record any successful transations for each people/product, so later I can run a report to find out how much I have sold for each people in order to calculate my commissions and bill them.
The keys here are:
1. the money (transaction proceeds) needs to go to each people’s paypal or authorize.net account directly, not mine.
2. I need to know the details of each successful transation – the shopping cart will record that, but any shopping cart in the market now allows only one paypal account to be linked to in the shopping cart setup, here I need multiple paypal accounts for check out. (otherwise I could link to each people’s paypal account on my site without the shopping cart, but if i do that, I do not know how much was sold because I do not have access to other people’s paypal account.)
Any suggestions? Thank you!July 7, 2011 at 12:58 am #34015wzpModeratorJuly 7, 2011 at 1:09 am #34016
You are trying to setup a marketplace type site and WP eStore is not the correct plugin for it. WP eStore wasn’t designed to create a marketplace type site and cannot handle this type of setup unless you set it up like the following:
The closest you can get(without using the affiliate plugin) is by using the “Buy Now” or “Subscription” type buttons for the product with PayPal gateway. This post will explain the different types of payment buttons:
When you use “Buy Now” or “Subscription” type buttons for a product these are single product checkout so you can specify the PayPal email address of the product owner so the money goes directly to his/her PayPal account when this product is purchased. After the sale the admin will get the notification as usual. To set this up you can go to the “Buy Now or Subscription Type Button Specific Settings” section of a product and specify a different PayPal email address for each product.July 7, 2011 at 1:56 pm #34017
Sorry I didn’t describe it well. I do not need a typical market place and I do not want other users to set up their own products by themselves.
I will set up each product for sale, not them. They just need to provide me their paypal account email and their product/service description text.
In summary: I just want these users to get paid directly by PayPal, and at the same time, my website will have a record of the successful transaction (so I can bill them later for a percentage of the transaction amount as the fee).
It is great that “Buy Now” allows me to specify a different paypal email I didn’t know that.
Does “Buy Now” allow the follow 2 features to be enabled at the same time?
1. Allow Customers to Specify a Price
2. Product Variation 1 with price optionsJuly 8, 2011 at 12:32 am #34018
I set up a page to try the “Buy Now” button on this page http://bit.ly/pYWSHt where I put 4 short codes: first one is a Add to Cart short code and the remaining 3 are different short codes for Buy Now.
1. It seems all 3 “Buy Now” button short codes do not show “custom specified price” field although the “Add to Cart” button shows the “Your Price” field fine. Did I do something wrong? How to allow customers to specify a price for Buy Now button?
2. Short code: [wp_eStore_buy_now:product_id:3:end] only shows the button without the product name, price, and description on the test page above. Is this the way it should be or I missed anything here? The tutorial/demo shows the following product details for this code:
Here is tutorial page: http://bit.ly/pkTMIm
This is not a problem, I’m just trying to understand why I do not see the same thing when I use the same code [wp_eStore_buy_now:product_id:PRODUCT_ID:end].
Thank you for your time. I am getting very close now – almost there
Really appreciate your team’s wonderful work done for this plugin. It can do soooooo much! There should be an award for thisJuly 8, 2011 at 1:37 am #34019
Let me do some investigation… I will get back to you.July 8, 2011 at 6:03 am #34020
Okay I updated the plugin so the “Enter your own price” feature should work with “Buy Now” type buttons too. Please get a new build of the plugin from here:July 8, 2011 at 8:27 pm #34021
This is the best service and support I have ever had for WordPress plugins. Thanks a lot! I will try that and come back with feedbacks. THANK YOU
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.