Tagged: manual approve user
October 10, 2013 at 9:12 pm #9830
I am working on a site and would like to use this plugin since I am already familiar with it. However, I need to use it in a different was than I’ve used it before. I have read the old posts and the info about how to manually add a member, but I still have a few questions. Here is the scenario:
1) all members will be free–there will be only one membership level. everyone in that level will have access to all pages.
2) need a custom register form–not sure if I am capable of modifying WP emember form to suit my needs
3) can i use a form designed in one of the contact plugins and tie it into WP emember
3) after register form is complete, would like to send an email informing that application will be reviewed
4) manually add member after approving application
5) send email after approval with login info
There will be no products sold from this site. Only need to protect part of the contact from non members.
Thank you for any help you can provide with this.October 11, 2013 at 2:34 am #58294adminKeymaster
You can setup eMember to manually approve membership:
When you say a custom registration, you mean that you want to configure which field appear on the registration form? Check the following documentation for it:October 11, 2013 at 12:57 pm #58295
Thanks for such a quick reply. I did check out the article on custom fields, and will consider do that.
However, I already have a form I have configured using a contact plugin. My first choice would be to use that and tie it in with WP emember if possible. Can this be done.
AngieOctober 11, 2013 at 10:40 pm #58296adminKeymaster
Hi Angie, No you can’t use another plugin’s form for eMembers registration. Unless you are a developer and you plan to collect details from that form and then write a script that uses eMember’s API to create a membership account in the background.
We also have a form builder addon for eMember that can be useful for creating advanced custom registration forms:October 12, 2013 at 12:46 am #58297
Thank you, I just emailed about the addon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.