June 30, 2013 at 1:59 am #9280IvyMember
The following URL has helpful information on how you can customize your thank you page settings of ECWID
1. Go to the settings menu of the affiliate plugin and check the “Enable Remote Post” checkbox. Take note of the “Secret Word” from this section.
2. Check the “Enable Debug” checkbox from the testing and debugging settings (this will log debug details which will help us troubleshoot if the commission doesn’t get tracked as expected.)
3. Save the changes by hitting the update settings button.
4. Add the following HTML tracking code to your thank you page as suggested by the above URL (open the “System Settings → General → Cart” page, find “Checkout Settings” section and enter the code there):
<img src="http://www.your-domain.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-affiliate-platform/api/post_by_ip.php?secret=XXXX&sale_amt=%order_total%&txn_id=%order_id%" width="1" height="1"/>
– Replace “your-domain” with your actual site URL
– Replace “XXXX” with the actual secret code from the settings menu of this plugin (refer to step 1)August 18, 2013 at 9:19 am #56382ewoudMember
one of the great features of ecwid is the possibility to have multiple instances of your store on different websites. Is it possible to set the cookie on an external site by putting a small image or an iframe containing the affiliate code on the external product page?
Thanks in advanceAugust 18, 2013 at 10:55 am #56383ewoudMember
in an old thread I read that you have a helper plugin that allows setting cookies remotely?August 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm #56384
Yeah you can handle it with the satellite affiliate plugin. Please fill out our contact form for it.
You should also read the following posts… there are some relevant info in there that maybe helpful for you:October 28, 2013 at 10:58 pm #56385ldagdagMember
Can transactions made using demo payment methods be tracked? I was trying to see if I set up the integration properly (using the demo payment method) but the sale is not showing up in the affiliate settings (though I made sure to use the affiliate link).October 28, 2013 at 11:47 pm #56386
Does Ecwid send the payment notification as usual for demo checkout?October 28, 2013 at 11:50 pm #56387ldagdagMember
Yes. I think the problem is something else rather than the demo payment because I tested with two transactions using actual payments and the plugin still isn’t tracking it.October 29, 2013 at 1:58 am #56388
Can you please enable debug in the plugin then do a test affiliate transaction? Then share the URL of the page where you have the buy button so I can check everything.November 21, 2017 at 11:42 pm #56389RachelEliseMember
Hello, I’m sorry. But these itegration instructions for ECwid do not make any sense. I am lost after the saving the secret key. Can you please help? Thank you!
[Update: I figured it out. ]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.