January 12, 2011 at 11:17 pm #2497judithMember
I’m getting my wpestore up and going but encountering some difficulties. My site is http://judithshawart.com
1. Download Now gives it away for free. Clicking it brings up the pdf file of the product directly onto the desktop w/o any payment.
2. Physical items that need to go to shopping cart don’t go anywhere. If I click on the “add to cart” button I’m brought right back to the store.
The random code for digital delivery is JSH#art456$987CSJS321pdfs – download time 72 hrs. – I left the Download Validation Script Location as it came.
It seems like I’m missing a shopping cart – didn’t see anything about that in the tutorial videos.
Also my server is godaddy and I’m currently on php4. Have to contact them about upgrading to php5 – not sure if that’s the cause of the problem or no. I can’t get the fancy button options to work but know from past questions that issue relates to php4.
thanks,January 12, 2011 at 11:44 pm #27988IvyMember
1. Are you using the “Download Now Buttons”? “Download Now Buttons” are so you can give an item away free. The following forum post will explain more about buttons and their behavior:
2. Did you put a Shopping Cart Shortcode on your site somewhere?
You can find all the shortcodes here:January 13, 2011 at 3:48 am #27989amin007Participant
I am not sure why you are trying to use the “Download Now” button if you want to sell something. Download now buttons have their usage… if you are just trying to sell items then the video tutorials on this page should get you going:January 14, 2011 at 5:17 pm #27990judithMember
Hi, Thanks so much for the response. I waited till I was up on php5 to get things going.(that’s working). I did find the instructions at the top of the settings page about adding the shopping cart function and that’s working!!
I was confused about the download button because of the squeeze page (thought that was the only way to give things away for free). Now it makes sense though as I realize that ones sets up either download or shipping options in the setting page. So now it’s all working . Also upgrading to php5 took care of the fancy option and it works now.
Thanks again for such a great plugin. The cart I had before was really cumbersome and WPeStore is great.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.