Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › WP eStore Troubleshooting › Download file cannot be found.
- This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by wzp.
October 20, 2010 at 10:20 pm #2069LincolnSpectator
I’ve read all the forum postings that I could find on this topic and performed all the recommended steps, but still I am not able to complete a successful product download after payment that is secure.
It is only by unchecking the Downloadable box in the Digital Content Details that I can successfully download using the Encrypted Download Link. Checking the Downloadable box and trying any other method gives me an error message: “Download file cannot be found. Please let us know. Thank you!”
I am selling hundreds of downloadable files. Providing customers with the URL address of the downloadable file is something that I would like to avoid. Any help?
Here’s the log of what I have done…
Before updating to the newest version, I was running. 3.4.6 In this older version the encrypted links downloaded a 0 kb .zip file. Nothing was inside the .zip file. After updating to the newest version (4.5.5) I get a white screen with black text that says “Download file cannot be found. Please let us know. Thank you!”
Things that I have already tried:
1) I have updated the eStore software to version 4.5.5. I have also updated the eMember and Affiliate Link Manager software. I have these installed, but not Activated.
2) I am using the full file path (http://…) in the Digital Content URL. The file downloads correctly when copying and pasting the file path into the browser address bar. But the encrypted links do not work. I have no spaces in my Download URLs.
3) I have turned off W3 Total Cache and re-tested. No success.
4) In Add-on Settings, I have tried all 7 Download Methods. All produce the same error message.
5) I removed the .htaccess and .htpassword files from the downloads directory and re-tested all 7 Download Methods. No success.
The only way that I get a successful download is by unchecking the Downloadable box, but this makes my products less secure.
Any help?October 21, 2010 at 12:19 am #25642IvyMember
We will need to take a closer look at what is happening on your site. I will send you a site access request via email. Please let me know if you do not receive this email.October 21, 2010 at 1:33 am #25643LincolnSpectator
I received your email and submitted your support form. Thank you for the quick reply.October 31, 2010 at 9:39 pm #25644julinekerrMemberNovember 18, 2010 at 5:01 pm #25645
Having the same problem. I have stamper active, but am not using it on the download. File is accessible and no security enable from actual url.
Receiving the coded link, but getting “Download file cannot be found. Please let us know. Thank you!”November 18, 2010 at 5:04 pm #25646
With stamper deactivated, still having same issue.November 18, 2010 at 5:15 pm #25647
Just found this, it seems to solve the issue..WP eStore -> Settings -> Addon Settings -> Download Manager Related Settings -> Automatic URL Conversion Preference -> Do Not ConvertNovember 18, 2010 at 6:15 pm #25648wzpModerator
That would have been my suggestionFebruary 6, 2011 at 7:06 pm #25649CPMember
But doesn’t that make the absolute URL visible to all?
Anyway, I tried it and the same problem arises for me.February 6, 2011 at 8:02 pm #25650wzpModerator
URL conversion preference affects how eStore internally opens the files, as either an HTTP or a filesystem name. It is transparent to the buyer. As long as one of the possible settings works, you are protected.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.