Forum Replies Created
December 17, 2012 at 10:47 am in reply to: duplicate emails, disable mandatory email and reminder email to admin #52451
Thank you Admin,
1) By ‘disable’, I mean the fact that it is ‘Required’ field and the rest of the details can not be updated without entering an email. I assumed putting in a dummy email would be the case.
2) I meant that they would ‘need’ to use the same email for the two accounts.
3) Yes, I’ve got that set up, but I wondered if there was a way of adding an administrators email to be kept up to date without having to go onto the website to check, as some of the emails will be dummy emails (point 1).
Finally, would there be any reason why the ‘Create WordPress User Account for members that do not have one’ in the Admin Functions would not work for a couple of eMembers?
Thank you again for this awesome product and your swift support.
I appreciate your comments on the irate client, but as you may be aware…the client is always right even when they’re wrong :o)
Re: it being a verified account, I checked again and it is verified (my bad). All payments are cleared.
Anyway here are the bits you asked for. If there is something I should have removed, please could you remove the post.
Many thanks for your quick response.
[admin removed the debug info]
Yup it is the WP eStore plugin.
I’ve gone through the processes described, and I am still having no joy in receiving the thank you or complete registration notification emails.
When I’ve debugged as recommended I’ve got FAILURE :IPN validation failed.
Paypal IPN is ON and through the penny transaction on the credit cards (3 different types) I am getting SUCCESS :IPN successfully verified.
My client has a standard Free Paypal account which is not verified, but this shouldn’t make any difference, should it?
As mentioned before, I get full success through Paypal payments.
Please advise, as my client is becoming a little irate.
I tried the above process a few hours ago (before your response)and it didn’t seem to be working, as the email with the link/directions was not going to inbox (or junkmail).
I’ve just tried it again and it worked straight away, and the automated emails from my earlier test were in my mail.
Many thanks again for a great product and fantastic support.
I had a feeling it would be something like that.
RE:”they still need to register their details”
I’m using eMember too, so basically the the process is:
1) User buys the one off subscription (paypal)
2) User gets sent to the registration page for eMember
3) User enters details to be able to log into the secure area
4) User logs into secure area and is able to download an ebook and the latest chapter of a second ebook.
Many thanks for your support.
Oh, and thanks by the way
is there any way that the ‘buy it now’ or ‘add to cart’ buttons follow the same Paypal process as the ‘Subscribe’? The subscription is a one off payment subscription, but they still need to register their details.