October 11, 2016 at 11:27 am #13767
I have the main site at domain.com, but when people click buy, they get taken to members.domain.com – and then the order/payment form is on a page on this site (this is also a separate wordpress install). Do I install WP Affiliate on the subdomain, or can i install it on the root domain and it still work?
ThanksOctober 11, 2016 at 11:55 am #74362
Affiliate Platform is installed on the WP site (domain) which processes the actual sale.October 11, 2016 at 11:58 am #74363
Is there any way of doing it so that I can install Affiliate Platform on domain.com and then still have the order form on members.domain.com?
Members.domain.com/order is where people buy it currently.October 11, 2016 at 12:05 pm #74364
1. “Why” is doing that important to you?
2. Are you using eStore, eMember or what, to sell the memberships?October 11, 2016 at 12:09 pm #74365
1) Mainly just for aesthetic reasons – because I want to be able to direct our affiliate partners to domain.com/affiliates not members.domain.com/affiliates (and I already have began setting it up on domain.com! lol).
2) We sell through PayPal.October 11, 2016 at 12:57 pm #74366
2) We sell through PayPal.
You are using direct PayPal integration?October 11, 2016 at 1:23 pm #74367
I am not sure, how can i tell? The order form looks like this:
It is a one off payment.
If i follow the instructions in the link that means I can install the plugin on domain.com instead of members.domain.com?October 12, 2016 at 12:07 am #74368adminKeymaster
First, please read the following post so you have a better understanding of how wordpress plugin’s work in general:
Next, read the following post which has some advanced setup type discussions that should be helpful for the type of setup you are going for:October 12, 2016 at 5:59 am #74369
It would be more helpful if you could just answer my question instead of linking me to posts with hundreds of different answers without all the information concisely in one place?!
Do i need to create pass through links? Or need affiliate helper extension?
1) I have my affiliate plugin installed at mydomain.com – affiliate will go here to sign up
2) Customers come to mydomain.com but when they click buy they get taken to members.mydomain.com/order where they purchase through PayPal
3) How can the affiliate still get credit/commission for this?
Can I make this work how I want it to, or do I need to look at other options?
ThanksOctober 12, 2016 at 6:25 am #74370adminKeymaster
What you are doing is not a standard setup. I have sent you an email that will sort it out. Please reply to the email.March 12, 2018 at 8:09 pm #74371unfoldatelierMember
Checking in to see what solution have you found for this?March 12, 2018 at 8:24 pm #74372
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.