October 21, 2015 at 1:59 am #13192rbrassawMember
WP Affiliate normally allows an affiliate to sign up and use the affiliate link on their own site.
Is this possible?
1) WP Affiliate is installed on MyWebSite.com
2) Several people are selling services on MyWebSite.com
3) Is it possible for me to be their affiliate so when someone purchases a service from them that they make a payment to their PayPal account instead of mine and that I’m notified that a sale has been made and that I have earned $XX.XX amount of commission.
If WP Affiliate can’t manage it can you recommend a plugin that will accomplish what I’m after?
Thanks.October 21, 2015 at 11:57 am #71679wzpModerator
Are you asking about “revenue sharing,” using eStore and Affiliate Platform?October 21, 2015 at 4:47 pm #71680rbrassawMember
Thanks for a prompt reply WZP.
The revenue sharing feature is helpful, but doesn’t solve my problem. Specifically, I’m trying to avoid processing the purchase. Ideally what would happen after an author signs up their book (using the revenue sharing article example) would be available on my site. When someone purchases their book the transaction would be processed through their PayPal account–not mine.
After the transaction is completed I’d be notified that an author’s book has been purchased and that I’ve earned X% of the sale. It is up to the author to send me the money.
Basically I’m after a way to keep track of my commission sales, leaving it up to the author to pay the commission from their account.
The reason I’d like to avoid taking payments directly is that what is being sold is actually a service. If I take payment for the service my level of responsibility and liability for the performance of the service increases tremendously. If the service is sub-par I’d be the responsible party since I’m the one who handled the transaction.
Is there any way to track commission sales and have the transaction go through the account of the person performing the service?October 22, 2015 at 1:29 am #71681adminKeymaster
So who is the seller here? Are you the seller or all your affiliates are the sellers?
You are saying that you want all the sellers to be your affiliate and then somehow you will be THEIR affiliate also?
All affiliate softwares work using the following model:
1) There is a SELLER
2) The affiliates send referrals to the SELLER’s website.
3) The affiliates get commission if a referred customer purchase something from the SELLER’s website.
Any other model won’t work.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.