October 6, 2014 at 6:08 am #11564
Hello Tips and Tricks,
Do you have an eMember feature which offers TIME-based content protection?
Instead of protecting a content on an individual basis (by member ID), I’m looking for content protection based on time/date. For example, protect page/post/any content (a option checkbox here would help to pick the specific content) based on a certain time or date which we can set so only then can the content be viewed by the subscriber/s.
Let’s say Subscriber A joined October 1. He is eligible to view certain page/post/content by/not EARLIER than October 30.
Another side feature is to allow Subscriber A to only view certain content for a limited time (a few hours or days).
Thank you very muchOctober 6, 2014 at 5:49 pm #65858wzpModerator
You can use the Auto-Upgrade feature to drip protected content to users:October 7, 2014 at 4:22 pm #65859
Thanks wzp. However, I am not sure that is the best way to approach it.
The content I need time-based protection on will involve past articles/archive. Specifically, I want to grant access to this archive after a certain time period, not based on membership duration. Again, let’s say Subscriber A joined October 1. He is eligible to view certain page/post/content (the archive, in this case) by/not EARLIER than January 30.
Please correct me if I’m wrong, but the Auto-Upgrade feature appears to be a complex or “long-cut” solution to a simple goal, as I need to create more levels than necessary. It also does not directly address what I am trying to achieve (that is, ability to specify a date/time without having to create more membership levels).
Auto-upgrade seem to have a very specific function, that is, “Auto upgrade works based on the time duration that the user stays a member of a particular membership level.”
Any other suggestions? Would it be possible to add this time-based protection to the plugin? I know your team is open to suggestions like this.
Basically, you’ll be adding only these:
– a time and date field,
– checkboxes for Membership levels (which member levels the time-based protection will be applicable to) and
– a specific member field (option to apply time-based protection on a specific member only).
I am sure several users of eMember would also benefit from and appreciate this feature.
Thank you very muchOctober 7, 2014 at 8:30 pm #65860
“Warning: Just remember that when you want to use section protection of a post or page you should not protect the “category” that the post belongs to. When you apply category protection for a category all the posts in that category is fully protected (category protection overrides all the small section protections in the post).”
1. In a *Protected category*, may I use section protection features mentioned on the abovet article? Could you expound on that warning (“Just remember that when you want to use section protection of a post or page you should not protect the “category” that the post belongs to”)?
2. I want to use partial protection on a post(using section protection) but I don’t want it restricted only to a protected category. What happens if I add that post (that is using section protection) in two categories (a protected category and an UNprotected category)? In this case, how can I make sure the content is protected?
Thank you very much
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.