June 21, 2013 at 7:52 am #9241
I have a squeeze page with a free audio download stored on Amazon S3. It has been working fine for months but today it is producing the message below when I try to download from the emailed link. I am able to download the audio file directly from Amazon S3, but when I right click the link it tries to download it as a .xml (not sure what that is, but it should be .mp3). It says Failed – server problem.
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Message>Request has expired</Message>
</Error>June 22, 2013 at 12:06 am #56249
Please check this post which shoudl help:June 22, 2013 at 2:47 am #56250
I have checked every detail as far as I can possibly see. This free download has been downloaded 230 times without any problems and nothing has changed, so I am sure the bucket name and folder/object names are correct. I have also visually checked them again and again. I have double checked the URI in eStore and it is formatted as per your examples. The access keys are both there (20 and 40 characters, respectively). I cannot see any spelling mistakes anywhere, and as I say, it has worked so many times before.
I went on the amazon s3 forum, and someone said to make the folder public but it didn’t make any difference.
This is the URI I am using: as3tp://alkimea.s3.amazonaws.com/natural_relaxation_course/1._lets_relax.mp3
I have read all the forum threads you give on link you provided but as far as I can see I have done all of that. What else can I do, please?
What elseJune 22, 2013 at 6:20 am #56251
Did you try regenerating new API access keys from your S3 account and then using those values in the settings?
Also, don’t set the files to public as that would compromise the security of those files.June 22, 2013 at 7:45 am #56252
I’ve just reset the S3 access keys. I’ve made sure the new ones are active and made the old ones inactive. Now I am not receiving the email at all, although the debug file shows the email was sent to the right email address and that the squeeze form task is complete.June 22, 2013 at 9:18 am #56253
I am following the instructions on https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/not-receiving-emails-even-though-the-plugin-sent-the-email and will solve this first. the emails appear to have stopped after I updated wordpress. Once I have solved that I may need to come back to solve the original problem.June 23, 2013 at 12:18 am #56254
okayJune 23, 2013 at 10:07 am #56255
OK, so the emails started working again and I am back where I started at the beginning of this thread. I have reset the access keys and put the new values into eStore. And it is trying to download them as .xml so failing. Is there something else I can do, please?June 23, 2013 at 10:30 am #56256
Maybe it’s useful to add the following:
I can open the file in S3 and play it or download it (which doesn’t work if there is a problem with the bucket name) so I presume the bucket is fine.
If I try to download the file from the email it says server problem.
My host is dreamhost. I saw a long post about dreamhost, which was a bit hard to understand, but i have been using this link for a few months without any problem so it doesn’t make sense that this is the same problem as in that post, since I have been with dreamhost all the time.June 23, 2013 at 11:58 pm #56257
I will take a look on your site to see what I find. I sent you an email to get access.
Update: Turned out that your server time has somehow changed and there is a little delay in your server’ epoch time. So the encrypted S3 URL that was being created was already behind in time which was resulting in that *already expired* error.
I have increased the time duration value in the “AWS S3 Presigned URL Expiry” field of eStore settings and that will allow for the extra time delay from your server and work correctly.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.