August 3, 2010 at 1:55 am #1611Al.Member
I am looking at using estore along with the member, affiliate and pdfstamper products but I have some questions.
The site will be selling “virtual shares” in businesses and I need each member to be able to be able to buy virtual shares in any of the businesses listed.
1) Would I create a product for each business or would I create a category for each business and then a product for the virtual shares?
2) Would the member be able to see each share they purchased and be able to see which business it was for?
3) Would admin also be able to see each business and how many shares were bought for each and who bought these shares? Basically admin needs to be able to see all purchases, which business and which member they relate to.
4) When each businesses shares are sold out then admin needs to be able to remove the business ( I know thats just a matter of hiding or deleting the post/page) but any purchased shares will eventually need to be removed or marked as completed from each members account area.
5)Does the affiliate plug just work on membership purchase or also on purchases from within the members areas. ie could I also set it to credit affiliates sales to shares purchased by members?
6) Would the PDF Stamper be able to add the category and the name of the product to the pdf as well as the purchaser and the date?
7) Could you recommend any themes where you know everything works well, I guess you will say your own but I am not that sure about the layout and design of it, i need more colour for one thing and css loses me!.
Do you have a package price for estore, member, affiliate and pdfstamper as a combination?
Sorry for all the questions.
AlAugust 3, 2010 at 10:37 am #23021IvyMember
Hi Al, I do not believe these plugins will work for selling virtual shares as these plugins were not designed to do this.August 4, 2010 at 2:36 pm #23022Al.Member
It’s just a downloadable certificate nothing different to selling any pdf product or having any other type of membership site.
Its basically a members site with downloadable or emailable products
Let me try rephrasing the questions and forget its virtual shares:
1) I need to sell various types of pdf documents. Can I create a category for each and have one product in each category?
2)Can members see every purchase they make and details of each purchase
3)Can admin also see all purchases and details of each purchase?
4) a)When a product has stopped being offered for sale I assume its just a matter or removing the product from the list to stop any more being sold correct?
b)Can admin then delete or remove old previous purchases from a members account so that they are not visible to the member anymore?
5)Does the affiliate product just work with memberships or can it work with purchases made by members from within estore as well?
6) Can the pdfstamper add category, product and date as well as purchasers name?
7)and are as above and not related to any particular use for the site just general questions.
I hope now that it’s easier for you to see that most of what I am asking is no different to a normal membership site that sells content from within its member areas.
AlAugust 5, 2010 at 2:10 am #23023IvyMember
1.) Yes you can create a category for each PDF. However each PDF can only be in one category at a time. So PDF A can not be in category 1 and 2 at the same time.
2.) If the member is logged when they make their purchase then it will be added to the purchase history which they can view when logged in as a member.
3.) You can see each purchase in the “Manage Customers” menu of the eStore. Here is a list of the available information.
- Customer ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- Purchased Product’s ID
- Transaction ID
- Price Paid
- Coupon Used
- Address if available (You can find this information in the edit option per customer)
- Phone Number if available (You can find this information in the edit option per customer)
4a.) Yes you just need to take that product off the products page.
4b.) There is no way to do this automatically. You would need to go in and manually take out the eMember id for each purchase.
5.) The affiliate commission will be awarded to the purchases made on the site for as long as you have specified the cookie to be active (e.g 30 days).
6.) Please see the following post as this will explain what information can be stamped by the PDF Stamper see the section called “Footer Text Dynamic Variables”:
7.) The following article will explain more about picking themes:
8.) All of our products and package deals can be found here:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.