Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › Shipping cost and discounts
Tagged: Coupons, free shipping discount, shipping
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 13 years, 3 months ago by TianDeli.
December 10, 2009 at 5:45 am #541
1) I’m using the manual checkout option, and the the shipping cost doesn’t apear when I look in my shopping cart.
In the wpeStore settings, I’ve set the base shipping cost to 30 RMB.
Here’s the shopping cart: [http://tianjin-delivery.com/?page_id=682]
Here’s a test product with an “Add to Cart” button: [http://tianjin-delivery.com/?page_id=902]
(The button only says
though, that’s on purpose)
2) When I receive the order confirmation e-mail, it doesn’t say that it has charged a 30 RMB delivery, it just says:
Details of Ordered Product 1
Product ID: 86
Product Name: Nesquik, Chocolate (309 g )
Product Price: 54
Shipping Cost: 0
Total Items Ordered: 1
3) When I get the base shipping cost to work and I want to add discounts to the shipping that follow this scale [http://tianjin-delivery.com/images/delivery_charge_sliding_scale2.jpg], is it correct to do it like this?
Add two coupons, 1 that uses “free shipping if” “total is greater than” 500.00
And 1 that says: Discount value = 15.00 if “Subtotal amount” “is greater than” 300.00
MikkelDecember 10, 2009 at 10:27 am #16634amin007Participant
The base shipping cost is only applied to the cart if any of the individual product in the cart has a shipping cost specified. This way digital products do not get charges the base shipping cost.
Now what if you want to just charge the base shipping cost and not any additional charge for the individual items? Just specify a very low shipping cost value for your physical items (eg. 0.0001) this way the base shipping cost will get triggered but the shipping cost won’t change from individual item’s shipping.
Does it make sense?December 11, 2009 at 2:35 am #16635
That worked regarding the 30.00 RMB base shipping charge. Thanks!
But the shipping discounts don’t seem to be applied as the subtotal price rises… Any ideas?December 13, 2009 at 10:10 pm #16636amin007Participant
For shipping discount you need to use the one that says
“Free shipping if total” – “is greater than” – “some amount”
In your case it will be:
“Free shipping if total” – “is greater than” – “300”
Now when someone have more than $300 worth of item in their shopping cart they can use this coupon to take the shipping cost off the cart.December 14, 2009 at 3:35 am #16637
I guess I’ll just write underneath the total:
If the subtotal is above 300 RMB you’ll get a 15 RMB discount on the delivery
If the subtotal is above 500 RMB you’ll get the delivery for free
And then subtract the amount manually before sending them an order confirmation manually.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.