Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › WP eStore Troubleshooting › Customer sale not registering and emails not sending
- This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 2 months ago by admin.
November 1, 2011 at 12:43 am #4650bigcabguySpectator
The issue is that we are unable to get emails to send for the customer Thank You confirmation message/digital link or for our Notification of sale.
1. Replaced and reinstalled the eStore files, and disabled the Wibya tool bar (which interfered with another client’s WP eStore site.) The transaction went through PayPal successfully, we were directed to the thank you page and the transaction result was displayed on the Thank You page. So far so good.
Unfortunately, There still isn’t a customer set up in the Manage Customer section so WP eStore isn’t recording the transaction.
Also the debug log references mail chimp, and we don’t have an account here, nor is the box for mail chimp checked – must have come from within the plugin?
So we’ve ruled out
an error with the files,
an error in our configuration
an error in the communication between PayPal and WP eStore
eStore_post_payment_debug.log: NO IDEA WHY THIS REFLECTS MAILCHIMP
ipn_handle_debug.log = BLANK
In addition we have tested on two different sites, both Thesis Theme. One has many additional plugins and modifications to the theme. One has almost none of either.
Both react the same way.
We’re not getting any younger
RobNovember 1, 2011 at 3:22 am #38047
Before running a test with debug you should always reset the debug log files so you get a clean capture. This is explained here:
From your issue description it seems like the plugin is not even getting the payment notification from PayPal. There could be a few reasons for this to happen so go through this checklist and it will help you identify your mistake:
https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/what-to-do-if-the-debug-file-is-emptyNovember 1, 2011 at 2:43 pm #38048
I’m helping bigcabguy on this issue as well.
I’ve set up WP eStore many, many times – so I’m confident that we’ve handled the easy stuff.
He is currently using v6.0.9, the site is hosted at HostGator
The mailchimp reference in the debug file actually came with the plugin download. That is, that version of the plugin comes with that 10/29/2011 mailchimp success reference in it.
Debug File Empty Troubleshooting Checklist
1. it is checked
2. it is also checked
3. we get the appropriate message when calling the paypal.php file and it is recorded properly in the debug file.
4. we get the appropriate message when we use a sandbox account to text the IPN. We also get the appropriate entry in the debug file.
Having said all of that,
1. When a purchaser selects the add to cart button, the product is added to the cart.
2. When selecting pay now the purchaser is taken to PayPal.
3. Upon payment at paypal the purchaser is redirected to the thankyou page.
4. The thankyou page has the transaction result shortcode and provides both the actual result of the transaction AND the appropriate download link for the product.
5. The customer data IS NOT updated. No customer is added to the customer table.
6. The sale is not recorded in stats.
7. A receipt email is not sent to the purchaser.
8. The blessed notification of product sale email is not sent to the owner
9. PayPal notifies the owner that a payment has been made
10 PayPal sends a receipt to the purchaser for the transaction
I personally have not tested this version of the plugin on a blank site. However, I do work exclusively in Thesis and have never seen this type of issue. I generally feel comfortable saying that WP eStore works flawlessly with Thesis right out of the box.November 1, 2011 at 10:25 pm #38049
I need to see the content of the “ipn_handle_debug.log” file. Please share the content of that file from your test transaction.November 1, 2011 at 10:44 pm #38050
[11/01/2011 2:18 PM] – SUCCESS :This debug line was generated because you entered the URL of the ipn handling script in the browser.
[11/01/2011 2:23 PM] – SUCCESS :Paypal Class Initiated by 22.214.171.124
[11/01/2011 2:23 PM] – SUCCESS :Post string : test_ipn=1&payment_type=instant&payment_date=07%3A23%3A23+Nov+01%2C+2011+PDT….[admin deleted content]
[11/01/2011 2:23 PM] – SUCCESS :Connection to http://www.paypal.com successfuly completed.
[11/01/2011 2:23 PM] – FAILURE :IPN validation failed.
[11/01/2011 2:23 PM] – SUCCESS :Paypal class finished.November 1, 2011 at 10:52 pm #38051
The above IPN was from the sandbox tool. So basically for your live transaction there is no debug that got added to this file. This means PayPal is not sending the IPN to this plugin for live transactions.
Step 5 would be the reason for this from the checklist I sent you earlier and for some reason you didn’t follow that check list?
https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/what-to-do-if-the-debug-file-is-emptyNovember 1, 2011 at 11:23 pm #38052
Yep – ok, that was it. We did follow the checklist and we installed the PDT which I mistakenly assumed meant that the client had his IPN properly set up.November 1, 2011 at 11:30 pm #38053
Having said that – it didn’t used to be the case that post payment processing was necessary for WP eStore to record the transaction. Is this a new feature of version 6?January 29, 2012 at 5:26 am #38054
It has always been there.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.