July 6, 2010 at 5:36 pm #1464
I’m not finding a solution to this problem in the other related forum topics.
1) Are you using relative URL or full URL?
2) Can you please try it with removing the .htpasswd and .htaccess files from the “downloads” directory?
3) Do you have any space in the file name?
I can send you the Debug log if you want.July 6, 2010 at 7:29 pm #22264
I solved this by un-checking the “Downloadable” box on the “Digital Contents Detail” section of the Products page.July 6, 2010 at 11:58 pm #22265wpCommerceModerator
Unchecking the “Downloadable” box will let your browser handle the download. So, the true URL of your product will get revealed to the customer while downloading. If you’ve already done a test transaction with debug turned on you can send us the debug log.July 7, 2010 at 12:01 am #22266wpCommerceModerator
Also what version of eStore are you using?July 7, 2010 at 2:03 pm #22267
It’s not working again. Here is the latest email:
Dear Karen Bettencourt
Thank you for your purchase!
May 7 x 1 – $1.00 (USD)
Any items to be shipped will be processed as soon as possible, any items that can be downloaded can be downloaded using the encrypted links below.
How can I attach the log and send it. I’m uncomfortable sending client information in an open forum.July 7, 2010 at 7:07 pm #22268LestermaddenMember
I brought the plugin today but also getting a Requested File Could Not be found error.
The dummy file exists at http://www.augmentedplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/report5120411/test.pdf
Any pointers to where I went wrong?
ThanksJuly 7, 2010 at 7:36 pm #22269chriseggMember
yep, I am having the same problem keep getting this error;
Requested File Could Not Be FoundJuly 7, 2010 at 11:20 pm #22270amin007Participant
Can you please check this post and make sure you haven’t done anything mentioned there?
Also, Please post the version number of the eStore that are you using.July 8, 2010 at 10:49 am #22271LestermaddenMember
Hi, I checked the post you suggested and I still have the problem.
The file is not 0kb.
I changed the file to download to: http://www.augmentedplanet.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-cart-for-digital-products/downloads/ebook.zip
I can download the file directly from IE/Firefox.
When I use the admin panel (or buy the product) the following URL is generated:
This returns: Requested File Could Not Be Found
I have deleted the .htaccess file
version is: 3.9.1July 8, 2010 at 2:13 pm #22272chriseggMember
1. Verify that the URL you have specified in the “Digital Content URL” field is not resulting in a 404 error (meaning there is a type in the URL). You can check this by copying and pasting the true URL into your browser and seeing if the file downloads properly.
Checked and I can download the link directly
2. Please delete the following two files “.htaccess”, “.htpasswd ” from the downloads directory of the eStore plugin and try the download again.
Deleted still not working
3. Please Make sure that you do not have any spaces in the file name of your downloadable file. It is okay to have spaces in the file name on your PC (e.g. My eBook.zip) but remember when you upload it on the server it becomes a URL and a proper URL should not have spaces.
No space and still not working
this is the link that I get after purchase
I am using version 3.8.4 of the plugin and Version 3.0 of WordPressJuly 8, 2010 at 4:26 pm #22273
I would like to send you the log, can I email you with it?July 8, 2010 at 10:33 pm #22274IvyMember
Hi, I have sent you all site access request emails. We will need to take a closer look at what is happening.July 9, 2010 at 3:05 pm #22275
I have not received any emails, I checked all of my junk mail folders and there is nothing. My email address is k bettenc at comcast . net no spacesJuly 9, 2010 at 3:20 pm #22276
Never mind, I got it. Can you delete the previous post, if possible.July 21, 2010 at 6:35 am #22277amin007Participant
Don’t forget to check this thread too:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.