Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eMember › Recurring Subscription Mid-Term Upgrade Question-ProRating
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 8 months ago by admin.
July 20, 2012 at 1:46 am #6940dawnnaMember
Here is the scenario:
You are a member of my association. You have chosen Level 1 Silver for 1 Year at $120.
About 6 months in you decide that you want to upgrade your subscription to Level 2 Gold which is $200. It gives you more access to more information and is a greater value.
You have $60 remaining on your current Level 1 Silver subscription.
How do I apply the $60 credit and charge only the upgrade of $140. Since you are upgrading your membership subscription, your new subscription start date is today and you will not expire or need to renew at this new rate for a year.
1. Can eMember in conjunction with eStore pro-rate subscription upgrades
2. Can eMember in conjunction with eStore handle the new subscription terms (new year starting from today).July 20, 2012 at 11:15 pm #47568adminKeymaster
There is no option to do “pro-rate” updates automatically. Pro-rate updates (if you want to offer it) will need to be handled semi-manually when a customer wants it.
Here is an example:
1) One customer wants to upgrade with pro-rate so he contacts you (the admin)
2) You give him the money back for the amount he didn’t use (example: $60). Also, cancel the ongoing subscription if there was one.
3) Finally, you tell him to simply go on and pay for the level he want to get upgraded to (example, level 2). The system will upgrade his account and adjust everything.July 22, 2012 at 12:10 am #47569dawnnaMember
Ok.. So basically it has to be manual or dynamically calculated via development before presenting the button on the back-end. Gotcha.
Hmmm… that brings up another question. Does E-Member or E-Store show me when a member has paid for their membership? Not only the first time; but a renewal as well. If so, where is that data stored in the database.
The reason I ask is that I could write a function that would tell me when the user paid last and the current membership level. I could use that data to calculate a pro-rated amount and then create a button to cancel and create a new subscription. The new subscription would have a “trial period for a year” at the discounted rate (the money we owe the subscriber) with the remaining years at the regular rate. That is just a thought. I have not fully thought through a solution yet.
But I would like to know where I could get that data if I needed it.July 22, 2012 at 11:34 pm #47570adminKeymaster
A member’s account will only be active if they have paid for it. For one time payment memberships, you can get the info from the “manage customers” menu of eStore. Each payment has the date paid and the amount paid info attached to it. You can use the email address to find a transaction.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.