Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › Question About Shipping
- This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 12 years, 7 months ago by Paul.
October 12, 2010 at 6:29 am #24731amin007Participant
I can add in another checkbox in the product details that says “This is a Physical Product” but then you have the same hassle of modifying every product to check this field.
I can’t rely on the download link being present in the product details because some customers ship a digital version of the manual or something similar with their physical products. Checking the shipping field is a reliable way to differentiate between physical or digital products for shipping calculation purpose.
There is the possibility of writing a small script to add “0.001” shipping to all your products without having to manually modify them (this option will probably be the easiest).October 12, 2010 at 9:42 am #24732PaulMember
1. Unfortunately checking the shipping field isn’t a reliable way to differentiate between digital and free-shipping physical products:-(
– The 0.001 product-shipping idea solves the problem but setting it by script is only useful at that moment, you would always have to remember to do something illogical each time you create a product.
– I see now why the Base shipping 0.001 idea doesn’t work (some have Base shipping, which only applies when there’s a physical product in the cart).
– The ‘Physical Product’ checkbox is logical, but cumbersome, and would require considerable work from you to implement no doubt.
– ‘Always display the Shipping Variation’ would satisfy those who only stock physical products, and not affect those with digital products, so this has some merit. This leaves those who stock both product types, who (should they choose to use Shipping Variation and have it ‘always on’) might be appeased by some text in the cart by the Variation ‘for physical products only’ perhaps? This involves the least work (?), covers everyone and doesn’t impact those who need it?
2. Any luck with “Update not changing the Shipping Variation value once set” ?October 13, 2010 at 1:40 am #24733amin007Participant
Okay added a new option in the settings menu called “Always display the Shipping Variation” which should solve this problem. Updated the documentation for this here:
Initially I assumed that a customer should only select one shipping variation per transaction. I removed that limitation too.
Please request a plugin update from here to get this new eStore build:October 13, 2010 at 10:59 am #24734PaulMember
This is a great update which goes a long way to answering one of the main criticisms of eStore, great work Amin!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.