April 26, 2010 at 1:17 am #1131erics_dadMember
OK, I hope to be able to explain this clearly.
Basically, I’m settin up my first Member site. Here’s what I’d like to do:
1) At the moment I’m offering only a Free Membership site. I’m going to use/protect posts. On the post, I’d like to show a screen shot of the product that would open up slightly larger in Lightbox or similar. So, non-members can see the screen shot of the product as a “teaser” to entice them to join.
2) Once they join (for free), they could then view the product details and there would be a “Buy Now” button as I’m also going to use your eStore plugin
3) Let’s say the person decides to join, likes the product description, and buys the product. I’d like them to return to the specific product page. I assume I can do this but haven’t gone through the tutorials for the eStore plugin.
4) However, what I’d like to offer one of my new customers is the ability to access a “tutorial section” that would offer some videos, maybe an ebook, etc. that they can access or download ONLY AFTER they have made a purchase. Is this possible? In other words, to show additional hidden content AFTER they’ve made a purchase?
I hope that’s clear.
I’d like to mention on the product page(s), to logged in Free Members, that they get a, b, c, d etc. and after purchase will be able to access video, ebook, any other perks but I don’t want them to see this section (probably just a Page) until they’ve made a purchase.
It makes me think they’d automatically be upgraded to a new membership level in a way. I’m not sure.
How could I do this? After I confirm payment, could I mail them a password or would I manually upgrade them (still keeping their membership free though, just be able to see more content).
Hope that makes sense
ScottApril 26, 2010 at 1:20 am #20094erics_dadMember
Also, while I’m here
Is it possible to add something like a “Buy 3 get one Free” kind of thing using eStore or would I simply send them a discount code, e.g. “3-for-4” or something.
CheersApril 26, 2010 at 8:25 am #20095amin007Participant
In my opinion, the easiest way to do this would be to protect a page with a simple WordPress password (this page has some additional content that you will allow a free member to join when they purchase something).
Now when you configure the product (the one that will allow them to see extra content when purchased) specify the password in the “Product Specific Instructions for Buyer” field of that product. This way they will only be able to get the extra content when they purchase that special product.
You will have to create a conditional coupon for the discount option (there is not 3 for 4 option but you can configure something similar)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.