Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › Purchased plugin and the download links do not work right
Tagged: Download, encryption, WP eStore
- This topic has 21 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 5 months ago by wzp.
September 28, 2010 at 9:57 pm #19356pilotjoeMember
I’ve purchased wp emember, wp estore and wp affiliate. However my downlinks have expired. Can I please get new download links. If anything I just need the etore link.. I thought I had them all downloaded but it looks like I downloaded two copies of emember and no copies of estore.
thanks! I can send the transaction I.D. if neededSeptember 29, 2010 at 1:15 am #19357IvyMember
Hi, I have sent you fresh links via email. Please let me know if you do not receive this email.January 8, 2015 at 12:08 am #19358
I’ve been having this problem for some time. When someone buys a downloadable product from my site, they get an email with a download link, but the .zip file they get has 0 bytes.
If I try to download the original .zip file manually without using the encryption or plugin, it downloads just fine. But using your plugin and encryption, people get 0 byte files.January 8, 2015 at 1:30 am #19359wzpModerator
Please go through the following checklist:
https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/downloaded-file-size-is-0-zero-byteJanuary 8, 2015 at 5:04 am #19360
Thanks for that info. Here is my update.
– The URL is good
– There are no spaces in the file names
– There is “http” in the address
– There are no files named .htaccess or .htpasswd in the downlaods folder
– No caching plugin
– I don’t have any warnings in red
– I’ve gone through and renamed all downloads with no upper case letters just to be safe
– Because some are larger files, I changed the download method to “#2.Readfile using 1M chunks remote stream”
– However, both before I checked these things and after, when I send myself a link using Admin Functions > Generate an Encrypted download link for a Product, that link seems to work fine for me. So how can I test to see if renaming and changing the download method has solved this problem?
– I also have plugin eStore Version v6.6.8 and eMember Version v126.96.36.199 and Lightbox Ultimate 1.7.0. Are there newer versions I should upgrade to?January 8, 2015 at 7:15 am #19361
Update, I downloaded the newest plugins and have installed them. How do I test these now outside of using “Admin Functions > Generate an Encrypted download link for a Product” ?
Also, the newest plugin wp-lightbox-ultimate, doesn’t work. I had to go back to my old version. The new one just causes a spinning wheel on every page, and all the videos stopped working and started publishing the shortcode instead. I looked through the forums and couldn’t find the answer but when I put the old plugin back online, the problems went away.January 8, 2015 at 12:59 pm #19362wzpModerator
How do I test these now outside of using “Admin Functions > Generate an Encrypted download link for a Product” ?
If it works in the Admin Functions, it will work for all other instances; because they all use the same code. But to make yourself “feel better,” just create a test page with some “Download Now” buttons on it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.