January 4, 2012 at 10:59 am #5178
I seem to have an issue where comments are visible despite the wordpress ‘page’ (not post) is protected from those not logged in.
1. The ‘protect comments separately’ is not ticked.
2. The page is not visible but the comment are. There is an option to protect each comment through manage content but I do not want to have to protect each individually (hence point 1 above)
3. New comments are also visible – ‘new’ being those submitted for testing after the installation of emember ( the original comments were posted before)
4. The ‘general protection’ is set to protect the page. (I even tried making the bookmark invisible but that does not seem to work either.
Currently the issue is present with one page it seems.
Much thanks in anticipation.
RobJanuary 5, 2012 at 5:17 am #40316
– What version of eMember are you using?
– Please post a link to this page in question.January 6, 2012 at 2:45 pm #40317
( entitled ‘learning forum’ )
The version of emember is v7.4.1
(is what is says on dashboard)January 7, 2012 at 7:05 am #40318
Thank you I will look into it and give you an update.January 9, 2012 at 8:51 am #40319
This should be fixed now. Please get a new build of the plugin from here:January 9, 2012 at 7:13 pm #40320
The update seems to have resolved it.
The fact that there are comments is visible / obvious but each entry is followed by a ‘you must be logged in..’ message.
I guess that’s as it should be though I have not explored options yet to see if the presence of entries can be made invisible or not. Site is in development so will know better with further experiemetation.
Thanks for solving the issue in the meantime.January 9, 2012 at 10:35 pm #40321VirtuaMember
I have the same problem (the last you talks of) : each comment is replaced by a box :
Please, login to show this content – Not a member ? Register now !
So if I have 20 comments, this message appears 20 times. I have explore the settings, and nothing helps me.
Stéphane SOLOMONJanuary 10, 2012 at 12:37 am #40322PeterMember
Check that you have the “Protect Comments separately” disabled in eMember settings.January 10, 2012 at 4:33 am #40323
Each comment can be protected separately in eMember if you wanted to. So, say for example, you have 20 comments and 10 of them are protected for silver level, 5 of them are protected for gold level and the rest 5 are unprotected. eMember shows each comment separately with its own protection so that this kind of granularity can be achieved. This is why you see a box for each comment.
We are looking into adding an option so that when you have the “Protect Comments separately” option unchecked it will just have one box since you are not using individual comment protection.February 20, 2012 at 1:15 am #40324
We have made a change in the plugin so that if the “Protect Comments separately” option is unchecked, it will just show one message that says the comments are protected (it won’t show the login message for each comment).
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.