January 20, 2011 at 12:07 pm #2537roam1950Member
a) What part of the product isn’t working? Product Description in additional Product Details plus aother aspects of this section.
b) What are you trying to achieve? Easier Addition of Products .
c) What causes the error to show up? Not really an error but lack of functions.
d) What version of the plugin are you using? 4.8.6
e) Provide a link to the exact page where the problem is seen http://www.yourultimateresource.com/e-store
f) Which product you are using? eStore starting to use this becasue of need for wp-affilite
g) Did you modify the plugin in anyway? No
1) Text entry currently needs HTML codes to display correctly is this what you intended?. Is there a way of using a wysiwyg editor in this or other text entry boxes in the same way a WP works with Text entry in posts or pages as visualor HTML and possibly using CKeditor? Perhaps in next upgrade?
2) On Subject of CKeditor your WP Shortcodes Button Does Not Show in the CK editor Tool Bars, this has to be deactivated to display in the basic WP tool bar. Can this be corrected?
3) Can vertical size of Text Entry Boxes be increased in size rather than just showing 4 lines or was it your intent to the create the layout externally and import the HTML?
4) MOST Important question; I am adding products which could be books, ebooks, or other non-digital products (you have the section for setting the shipping) I cannot find it but it may be there. How do you set a “More” option so that the brief description is displayed and the full details are displayed, maybe in a pop up window, on the users website?
Regards AlanJanuary 21, 2011 at 4:11 am #28185amin007Participant
Hi, It is possible that you have different use case but the product description section of the eStore product is not meant to have a lot of details. It is intended that you put all your sales page details of this product in a WordPress page or post so you can create an effective sales page. Some tips here:
The product description is only displayed with a fancy display. Fancy displays are very compact so you will never have enough space to put all your product info/images/videos in it. It’s not the purpose of a fancy display to replace your sales page. You should have a separate post or page (your sales page for a product) where you place the full details of this product along with all the images and videos for it. You have complete freedom in designing this page. When you are done simply use the URL of this page in the “Product Page URL” field of the product and the fancy display will automatically link the product name to this page. Now when your visitors are browsing your store page if they are interested in one product they can click on the name and it takes them to the sales page that has the full details of the product.January 25, 2011 at 12:58 am #28186
I am trying to edit the description of my product and i remains the same even after i save it do you know what is wrong?January 25, 2011 at 4:30 am #28187wpCommerceModerator
Does it save if you modify any other field (e.g name, price) without touching the description?
Are you trying to use HTML in the product description field?January 25, 2011 at 6:30 am #28188
no html just posting words no code at all I actually just wanted to shorten the description and nothing is working i get a successfully updated message after i save but its not saving this problem only started after i updated to the latest version of the store.
it does save other changes thoughJanuary 25, 2011 at 7:01 am #28189wpCommerceModerator
I guess you didn’t deactivate the plugin while upgrading to the latest version. The plugin was updated but the database structure wasn’t. So it can’t save the current product details to the old database. Can you please do a quick deactivation and reactivation of the plugin to see if that changes anything?January 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm #28190
bingo!thank youMay 25, 2012 at 5:05 pm #28191mmucklowMember
I’m experiencing this issue after updating the plugin; changing current product information doesn’t save and adding new products do not save to the database. I have tried the solution above – deactivate then reactivate the plugin – but this has not resolved the issue.
Any other suggestions?May 25, 2012 at 11:27 pm #28192adminKeymaster
Please do what this post says:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.