January 11, 2010 at 3:47 am #647
I’m using eMember with eStore, I’m trying to allow the free membership access to only one category and the premium membership to all categories. How do I block the premium category from the free member? I know it sounds simple but I’ve been trying to figure it out for a few hours.
Please help.January 11, 2010 at 5:24 am #17158
No problem… I will try to explain it here. First lock down you content for everyone.
1. Navigate to the “Manage Content Protection” tab under the “Membership Levels” menu.
2. Select the “General Protection” from the drop down menu.
3. Click on the “Categories” tab to bring the categories you have.
4. Select all of them and hit “Set Protection”. This will make all the posts under these categories protected.
Now that you have the content locked, you can start giving access to particular categories depending on membership levels. Lets do the following:
1. Select the “Free Membership” from the drop down (given you named your free membership level “free membership”)
2. Click on the “Categories” tab if it’s not selected already.
3. Check the checkboxes next to the categories that you want to give your free members access to.
4. Hit “Grant Access” button. This will make it so your free members will be able to access the posts under the categories you selected in step 3.
5. Do step 1 to 4 for the “Premium Membership”.
Do a quick test to check that all the protection is working as expected. Let me know if this helps or if you need more explanation. The following URL on the documentation site should have some explanation on this too:January 11, 2010 at 11:24 am #17159
Great instructions!!! Thanks for the fast response.January 12, 2010 at 10:31 pm #17160
Hello, I’m having a different problem, I’m using ShowTime Slideshow plugin which uses flash, the slide show should automatically start, when I activate eMember the slide show changes to a gallery of pictures on every page it’s installed on.
Is there a fix for this?January 13, 2010 at 4:51 am #17161
Can you please post a link to your site so I can see what you mean?January 13, 2010 at 10:17 am #17162January 13, 2010 at 10:44 am #17163
Also, the forgot password function is not working. When you click forgot password nothing happens.February 3, 2011 at 3:36 pm #17164webmasterMCMember
I am currently having the same issue with the ‘Forgot Password’ link; when clicked it does nothing. I would expect that to be in the Page Settings tab, or linked to the member account somehow, but perhaps I am missing something.
Not sure which file in the database I need to edit to correct/change this option.
Site URL for reference: http://www.bestfreecrochet.com/?page_id=2120
Thank you.February 4, 2011 at 2:12 am #17165
Just to make sure that you don’t have an older version of eMember… can you please get a build from here and try it:
Next, can you do this test explained here:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.