July 27, 2014 at 2:48 pm #11243
I would like to be able to select whether or not individual items are included in the postage calculation, I assume there is a tag somewhere as Digital Downloads don’t get postage added?July 28, 2014 at 1:26 am #64628PeterMember
The way the plugin determines whether an item will require shipping or not is:
1) From the price list it checks if the item is digital or physical. You’ll note when you are configuring your price list that there are two separate sections for variations – digital and physical.
2) Also in the price list settings there is a radio button called “Apply Shipping”. You will need to have this enabled.
3) Then from the “shipping” menu you need to configure the shipping settings.
So in summary, if you have configured some shipping settings and also enabled “Apply Shipping” in the price list, the plugin will automatically determine which items require shipping calculation based on whether they are a physical or digital variation.July 28, 2014 at 7:33 am #64629
If I want a ‘mount’ option for a printed photo, will I have to put that in the digital variation ?July 29, 2014 at 1:16 am #64630PeterMember
The “mount” thing sounds like a physical item therefore you would configure a physical variation for this option inside the price list pertaining to the gallery you are referring to.
Example – let’s say your customers have a choice of buying any one of the options below:
1) Downloadable high resolution photo (this would be configured in the digital variations)
2) A glossy colour print 60x50cm (this would be configured in physical variations)
3) A mounted glossy colour print 60x50cm (this would be configured in physical variations)
I hope this clears up your confusion.July 30, 2014 at 12:54 pm #64631
Yes, I was trying to avoid to many options on the price list !
If I have to create a ‘mount’ version for each size, it is going to double the options!September 25, 2014 at 4:02 am #64632harneyphotoMember
I also sell mounted prints along with acrylic blocks and canvas wraps. An over riding shipping price option on the price list items would be a great option for these things.
I am moving away from Smugmug and for now I am incorporating the extra shipping into my prices but does make my pricinglook expensive when they then get a base rate shipping costs added.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.