July 11, 2014 at 11:53 pm #11167
I’m just setting up and testing Photo Seller and it’s working pretty well.
The only thing I’d love to see is an automatic redirection to the Receipt page (which also includes the download link). This is for 3 reasons:
1. Customer service: it’s become the e-commerce norm for customers to be redirected to a Download (or thank you) page after they’ve made a purchase. When they aren’t redirected, the not-so-confident online buyers are left scratching their heads and feel frustrated.
2. Spam issues: in all my testing to date, the emails generated by Photo Seller (Buyer and Seller emails) have landed in the Spam or Junk folder. (And looking at other posts on this forum, this seems to be a common issue.) For one thing, the not-so-computer savvy people wouldn’t think to look here… and if they don’t get a post-purchase email in their In Box right away, they feel like they’ve been ripped off, and restoring their confidence is hard. Indeed, the fact that my emails go to the Spam/Junk folder also adds to the perception that I’m somehow dodgy. But if the buyer were to be redirected to the Receipt page automatically, this wouldn’t be quite so much of an issue.
3. Admin: I can see that I’m going to have to spend a good amount of admin time dealing with the customer service issues above.
I’d be really grateful if you could look into this.
CorneliaJuly 12, 2014 at 12:06 am #64282
1) You just have to enable the PDT feature in your PayPal account and you will get this. Are you familiar with the PDT feature by any chance?
2) It is only an issue if you are not using good host or haven’t configured your email stuff correctly etc. Read the following post that will explain why this is not an issue in the plugin:
Lot of the things are outside the control of this plugin. Feel free to tell us what we can do in the plugin to help and we will do that.
We will definitely work on a feature to show the download links on the thank you page for the photo seller.July 12, 2014 at 12:36 am #64283
Thank you very much for your quick and helpful reply, it’s appreciated.
No, I haven’t heard of PDT before… I found this info: https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/payment-data-transfer/
… and have checked my PayPal account. PDT is enabled in my account.
Is there anything I need to do on my website or within the plugin to enter the Identity Token? (The link above suggests I write a script, but I don’t know how to write scripts!)
Note: I get taken to the Thank You page after I click the “Return to FX Marketing Limited” link in PayPal, but it doesn’t happen automatically.July 12, 2014 at 11:04 pm #64284
You don’t have to write any script for it. You just have to enable the “Auto Return” option when enabling PDT. Are you doing making the payment via a PayPal account or a credit card?July 13, 2014 at 9:16 pm #64285
I’ve double checked, and Auto Return is definitely ‘on’, and Payment Data Transfer is ‘on’.
The Return URL is set for a different domain though (my main e-commerce website, where I use your other plugins, i.e. eStore, eMember.) Could that be the problem? Sadly PayPal only allow one return URL.
In my tests, I’m making the payments from my credit card – it doesn’t allow me to pay from the same account that the payment is going to (and I have just the one PayPal account).July 13, 2014 at 11:50 pm #64286
Okay your setup looks fine. You don’t have to worry about the return URL value in that PayPal setting (because the plugin overrides the value on a per transaction basis).
The issue is that, you are testing by purchasing with a credit card. PayPal doesn’t do auto redirect when a user pays via credit card (clicking on that return link is required for this). That is how the standard PayPal checkout works at the moment (PayPal doesn’t allow us to change that behavior).July 14, 2014 at 3:27 am #64287
Oh, I didn’t know that… thanks for letting me know. I guess I don’t use PayPal enough myself to have noticed that!
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.