January 18, 2016 at 4:56 pm #12336
Paypal is not reacting exactly as expected when a user is sent to our custom payment page.
– there is no ‘Comment’ box available so customers can provide general instructions to us about their order (i.e. https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/ecommerce/wordpress-ecommerce-knowledgebase-523#collect_instruction ). The setting to do so within Paypal is activated. We don’t want product-specific instruction boxes, just one overall ‘Comments/Instructions’ field for the entire order.
– our toll-free phone number doesn’t appear on the checkout page even though the setting to do so within Paypal is checked;
– I have the “eStore Credit Card Default PayPal Checkout Option” plugin installed, but the initial tab shown is for debit card/gift card. Can the initial tab be made to show the option for credit card?
– the “Cancel and return” link on the Paypal checkout screen shows our primary company name as set within our Paypal account instead of the store name as customized within the eStore plugin.
Help on any of these items is appreciated. Thanks!
–Allen FreemanJanuary 19, 2016 at 12:12 am #72339
1) The custom instruction field will show up after you enter the details then click the “review and continue” button. That notes fields is shown on the final checkout page.
2) You will need to ask paypal about this one. We have no way of controlling if your toll-free phone number shows up on that paypal checkout page or not
3) The credit card checkout option is showing by default for sure. I just checked it myself on your site. Remember to test it on a fresh browser (where you didn’t do testing already and selected PayPal). PayPal remembers your last selection.
4) Thats another PayPal thing which our plugin doesn’t have any control over. PayPal uses your account name or business name there for the link anchor.January 19, 2016 at 7:45 pm #72340
Thanks for the reply, very much appreciated. In follow-up:
1) Yes, you are correct about the “Notes” field appearing on the final checkout page in Paypal. (Actually, the user has to check a box on that page to be able to open a text area to send a note — ugh.) Most people won’t find that field that late in the order process, especially when another checkbox must be ticked to activate it. So as a recommendation, it would be great if the eStore cart had a general order “Notes” field made available to the user BEFORE sending the customer to Paypal/checkout…
2) Just tested further, and our toll-free number only appears starting on the second page of checkout. That’s a strange decision by Paypal.
3) Interesting. So I checked out with another browser (IE11) just now and the ‘old school’ payment page came up, this time with the non-paypal account option selected.
Yesterday I checked out with Firefox while I was logged in to Paypal, and the “Enhanced” checkout design appeared. The selected option was correct for the “no-paypal account” payment option, but it was the first tab of three for “Debit/Gift Card” that was the active one (“Credit Card” was the second tab and “Paypal Credit” the third).
Not sure how many people see this enhanced page vs. the old-school one, but it would be best-case if your plugin could force the Credit Card tab to be the selected one there.
4) Yes, thx I’ll see if fiddling in Paypal can change the name shown there.
Again, thank you!January 20, 2016 at 12:30 am #72341
1) Yeah, we will add an option in the plugin so the cart can show a notes field (where customers enter a message for the whole checkout).
3) That addon you have for the “credit card default checkout option” does exactly what PayPal suggest for this. PayPal doesn’t offer any other option for it. The plugin has very little control over the standard PayPal checkout page. It is only allowed to submit a number of values and then paypal renders the page.
If accepting payment via credit card is the most important thing for you, then have you considered using PayPal Pro? It allows your customers to checkout via credit card directly from your site (they won’t even know that you are using PayPal). We offer PayPal Pro in our following extension:January 20, 2016 at 4:54 am #72342
I did have plans to upgrade to the Payment Bundle soon, after seeing the traffic numbers generated for this new version of the site. I have indeed used both Paypal Pro and Advanced on other store systems and it has worked quite well.
I’ll watch the future updates for the Notes field. Thank you!April 18, 2016 at 5:10 am #72343
We now have the following addon to collect a customer input in the shopping cart:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.