September 2, 2011 at 12:50 pm #4214
No “Commission Amount” is showing in Sales Data – However the sale is being displayed.
Stats Overview shows accurate “Total Sales Amount”. However 0 “Number of Sales” and 0 USD “Total Commissions”.
Commissions are set as fixed price per sale in affiliate profile as well as global plugin settings
Please view (www.BizAppFusion.com/wp-af-pic.pdf).September 2, 2011 at 6:16 pm #36156
The situation is now getting worst! I just attempted to enter one of the commissions noted in the previous post manually. As soon as i did that it disappeared from the system totally. the dollar amount for that transaction has also been deducted form Total Sales amount.September 3, 2011 at 12:23 am #36157
What value do you have in the “Commission Level” field in the settings menu and in the affiliate’s profile? Do you have a “$” symbol in there by any chance?September 3, 2011 at 12:52 pm #36158
Thank You for your quick response. In both locations I have 26.80
A PDF of my settings is at: http://bizappfusion.com/wp-af-pic1.pdfSeptember 4, 2011 at 12:18 am #36159
Your settings look good. You mentioned that you are using option 1 from this documentation:
Why do you have the following line of code in your PayPal button if you are using option 1?
<input name="notify_url" type="hidden" value="http://www.bizappfusion.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-affiliate-platform/api/ipn_handler.php" />
Please follow the instruction closely and do exactly as it says.
While you are at it, please do the following too (this will eliminate any possibility of a file getting corrupted and misbehaving):
1. Deactivate and delete the currently installed version of the plugin(s).
2. Download a fresh build of the plugin(s) from here:
3. Update the plugin following the appropriate update instruction for the plugin in question:September 5, 2011 at 5:00 pm #36160
Thanks. I removed the extra <input> line. Upgraded the plugin. Generated a similar Paypal button with a 10 cents value in order to test the operation.
Everything registered correctly.
However received the following Fatal Error And was never got redirected to the thank you page.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_mail() in /home/baf/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-affiliate-platform/wp_affiliate_platform1.php on line 505
The affiliate has an email in their profile.September 6, 2011 at 12:36 am #36161
Okay thats very good progress.
Can you do one more test for me? Do you get this error if you keep the “Send Commission Notification to Affiliates” option unchecked from the settings menu?September 6, 2011 at 12:12 pm #36162
I just ran the test – With the send commission notification option UNCHECKED I was properly redirected to the thank you page. it appears all the sales and commission numbers were properly updated.
I have two questions now –
1. what needs to be done to correct the notification issue?
2. will what we’ve done have any impact on the subsequent processing of this sale – which is a subscription – paid monthly?
ThanksSeptember 7, 2011 at 7:32 am #36163
1. Basically, the mail functionally of WordPress is not loading on your site at the time of this commission processing (this only affects the email notification of the affiliate so not a big deal for now). I will do some investigation to find an alternative for this.
2. Now, for subscriptions you actually need to use the 2nd integration option from here:
This is because the recurring commission can only be awarded if PayPal notifies the plugin and PayPal’s IPN is the only way to get notified for recurring payments. Let me know if this makes sense.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.