January 4, 2012 at 2:06 pm #5179realityshifterMember
We’d like to run a version of our store in Japanese. Is there a Japanese language file already available (either created by you or created by one of your users)?
Thanks!January 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm #40325IvyMember
We do not have a Japanese translation of the plugins at this time. However you can easily edit the language files and translate the plugins. You can read about how to do this here:July 30, 2012 at 1:15 pm #40326ShySheepMember
I have translated the WP eStore plugin English Language File into Japanese by following the instructions in the above link. I have saved it in UTF-8. But when I upload the translated file, all the words that were translated turn into question marks and don’t display correctly.
The whole website is in Japanese, and the shopping cart header, “cart is empty” and product names are all displayed in Japanese correctly. They are the words I entered under “Settings” and “Manage Products” in WP eStore.
Deactivated and uninstalled the WP eStore plugin and reinstalled it but no change.
Went to phpMyAdmin and made sure utf_8_general_ci were showing under Collation in wp_wp_eStore_tbl.
Deactivated the current theme and went back to the default theme but still the same question marks.
I used Notepad++ to edit and save the language file.
I don’t seem to be using any conflictiing plugins.
What else could be the problem?July 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm #40327PeterMember
Hi, This issue is always related to character set not being in UTF-8 format. I would doublecheck the format of the language file that you converted. Also check that your DB tables of the eStore plugin are in UTF-8 format.
Which version of eStore are you using?
Pleas post a link to the page where you have the products this language issue is seen.July 31, 2012 at 12:03 am #40328IvyMember
You need to make sure that you save the language file in UTF-8 format after you do the modifications otherwise the accented characters may have issues. There are a few free text editors that lets you save a file in UTF-8 format. Here is one that I use:August 4, 2012 at 8:05 am #40329ShySheepMember
Sorry for the delayed response. It’s fixed! It was the text editor. I was using Notepad++ to edit and save the language file. I thought it was saving it in UTF-8 but I must have been just viewing it in UTF-8.
I just downloaded and used PS Pad to save the language file in UTF-8, and now everything is displaying correctly.
Thank you for your help, Peter & Ivy! I’m glad I asked the question here.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.