Tagged: autoresponder integration
March 7, 2010 at 6:01 pm #886kettlewellMember
I’m using eStore, eMember ad eAffiliate… along with aWeber for autoresponder and Simple Press Forum for support.
My Integration question/problem is this.
After a user buys my download product, they are taken to a download/thankyou page.
But How do I get them to be signed up with aWeber, and to be given a user/pass for WordPress (needed for them to login to the forum).
Also – is there a way to test this in the PayPal sandbox?
I went live, thinking that all is OK – but no one is getting a user/pass nor added to my autoresponder.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BTW – I just hooked up a client with your shopping cart system, and she thinks it rocks!March 7, 2010 at 10:14 pm #18697IvyMember
Hi, The best way to make sure everything is working properly is to use the debug. This will tell you if there is a problem and where/why it is happening.
The following post will explain this more;
Let me know if you need help reading the debug file or any other questions.
IvyMarch 7, 2010 at 10:54 pm #18698
“How do I get them to be signed up with aWeber?” – Have you checked out this documentation page:
Please checkout the following URL to learn eMember integration (so a wordpress account is created for the user upon payment… don’t forget to enable the wordpress user integration from the settings menu of eMember):
“is there a way to test this in the PayPal sandbox?” – The following documentation will answer this question:
“I went live, thinking that all is OK” – I am not here to tell you how to run your business but it is always a good idea to test the system after you set everything up before going live.March 8, 2010 at 2:01 am #18699kettlewellMember
As always, you have the professional answers for everything!
I definitely jumped the gun on this, and know better than to do it.
I never saw the sandbox/debug integration and that helped solve my problem. Somewhere in the instructions I missed that I needed to update my IPN settings…
Aweber I had just the list name (without @aweber.com), but wouldn’t work w/o IPN anyhow.
1. For user integration, is there a way to have a user/pass created and sent? Rather than them having to create there own by coming back to the system? did I miss this feature somewhere?
2. IPN – Is there a way to setup IPN with PayPal for multiple domains?
3. You sent me an upgrade at one time to assign one of the default roles to new subscribers, is it possible to have this expanded to any role that is created (like via the Roles & Capability plugin) ? Right now it only allows for the 5 default roles that WP creates. Was this upgrade an official one that others can count on?
Thanks for all the great answers, and prompt responses.
MattMarch 8, 2010 at 8:50 am #18700
1. WP eMember doesn’t have any option to create random username and password and send it. Most people don’t like to have random usernames and password so it was implemented in a way that gives the member the ability to choose their own usrname and password. However, it is possible to tweak the code to achieve what you are after (you will need PHP coding knowledge for this though).
2. eStore sets the IPN notification URL dynamically based on the site the plugin is being used from. So you should be able to use the plugin on multiple domains with one PayPal account.
3. WP eMember has be updated so it reads the role from WordPress rather than assuming the 5 default roles. I have a feeling that this update should make it so it works with a “Role Manager” plugin. I have emailed you an update.May 9, 2011 at 7:25 am #18701helmut4uMember
Hello to everybody..
I’d like to integrate my own autoresponder script. This also allows describing by email@example.com.
How can I integrate?
eStore always shows a blank popup form. Where do I have to put the form-code, that eStore can use it?
If using MailChimp etc., from where does eStore distribute the form-code ?
HelmutMay 9, 2011 at 11:57 pm #18702
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.