September 17, 2011 at 7:22 pm #4343lauriemartinMember
I am at a loss as to how to setup the store so that a user must sign in, become a member, and then purchase videos. Those links will be sent to them and when they click on those – they must sign in to view the page where their videos will be…i.e.pay per view as a member.
any help would be greatly appreciated…even if you can just point me to articles.
thank youSeptember 17, 2011 at 9:31 pm #36732lauriemartinMember
a bit more on this.
I am looking for a solution so that if a user purchases 1 or more videos, the link they receive via email would take them to their account page [where they will need to log in] which shows all videos they purchased – with links to each video detail page where they can view each video.
So far this is what I understand and have been able to implement:
I create video view page – this is not protected through emember.
I create product – with url to video view page
User buys product and they get the link to view this video.
Theoretically anyone can view this page as it is not protected through emember. [not good] – i.e. user can share encrypted link – page can be found through search engine
What I would like is:
User becomes a member
buys video or multiple videos
link is somehow transferred to a page only they can access
User gets link to that page in email.
User then logs in and is able to view all videos they have purchased.
September 17, 2011 at 11:07 pm #36733wzpModerator
Here is a basic outline of what you could do…
1. Use Lightbox Ultimate to create pages for each video product:
2. Use the eStore Authenticated Page Redirect (APR) shortcode to protect the content of each of the product pages created in step 1.
3. Buyer purchases videos and receives links in email to the APR protected pages. The links are rigged to expire after an appropriate amount of time or uses.
4. If buyers are licensed to replay their purchases later, after the initial links have expired; create another page using the wp_eStore_download_link_sender (extra) shortcode, that will allow them to have “fresh” copies of their purchased video links emailed to them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.