September 4, 2012 at 11:11 pm #7319
This is what I am trying to achieve. I have all your plugins. I use optimize press theme. I am selling a digital tutorial product. With this digital product I am giving a 30 days free support via Forum. After 30 days the only way to access the forum will be to pay $9 per month.
I will appreciate if you could please point me to the tutorials to set this.
I see that you recommend bbPress as this forum integrates the best with eMember. Your forum site is very well done. I am trying to setup a forum site like your’s. Would you be able to help me with the following:
1. Do I need to use any particular wordpress theme?
2. Have you also used any additional bbPress plugins?
3. Will it be a good idea to have a subdomain to create a membership forum as bbPress does not show the header used in optimize press theme?
4. After the 30 days of free membership – can I setup so an email is automatically sent to the free members urging them to join as a paid member to access the forum?
5. Would you have some tutorials to setup a forum like your’s?
Thank you for your help.September 5, 2012 at 7:35 am #48975
Have a look at this documentation and let me know if that will help you:
1) I don’t see why you would need any particular WordPress theme to use BBPress forum plugin. However, this question will probably be best answered by the BBPress forum plugin authors:
2) BBPress didn’t have their WordPress plugin when I started the forum a few years ago. I had to do a lot of code customization to do some basic stuff that you don’t need to do anymore if you use the above mentioned plugin.
3) I wouldn’t recommend using a sub-domain. It is easier to manage and connect everything if you have one WordPress install.
4) eMember has a feature that allows you to automatically send an email to a member before his/her account gets expired. You should be able to use that feature to achieve what you are after.
Lets say you create a Free membership level with 40 days expiry. You can then use the above mentioned feature to set an email that will be sent out 10 days before the account gets expired urging them to upgrade to a premium account.September 6, 2012 at 12:34 am #48976September 18, 2012 at 9:32 pm #48977
I setup a Mingle Forum and protected the page as it is part of the paid membership.
Can one click on Profile and change their password and bypass the page protection given by eMember?
ThanksSeptember 19, 2012 at 4:04 am #48978
Which profile are you referring to? eMember’s profile can only be accessed by logged in members of the site.September 19, 2012 at 1:29 pm #48979
The Mingle Forum is part of a membership where the customers get 30 days free and after that there is a monthly charge. So the Forum is a protected page.
Here’s the URL: [https://emoveon.com/wpmembers-home/]
Thanks.September 19, 2012 at 11:44 pm #48980
okay in that case a user cannot edit their profile without logging in first. so they won’t be able to bypass anything.September 4, 2013 at 8:34 pm #48981kimster5Member
Does the bbpress use the eMember profiles or the WordPress users profile? I tried the Mingle but it is creating users in WordPress not eMember.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.