January 26, 2015 at 4:55 am #12116
I have both the eStore and eMembership plugins. I plan to sell digital downloads on my site, something like stock photo site. Is it possible to set a membership plan which has expiration time based on download quota (or credits) ?
For instance, I provide hundreds of items. Silver Members can only download for 50 items of their choice, Gold Members can download for 100 items of their choice, and Platinum Members can have unlimited downloads. If their downloads meet the quota, the membership will expire.
If it is possible, how to set it up?
JayJanuary 26, 2015 at 6:05 pm #68277wzpModerator
Using our credit/token addon for eStore, you can sell “Download Credits” to your members. Then charge them 1 credit for each download:
The advantage to this is that you can charge more credits for certain downloads.January 27, 2015 at 9:35 am #68278
Great! I have placed purchase order for the add-on.
JayFebruary 7, 2015 at 3:00 pm #68279
I have installed the Credit addon, but I got stuck with some problems and can’t find the answer in your PDF guideline. So I need your advice :
1) Member (credit buyer) can’t see his credit balance/ credit usage history. Did I miss some setting back there?
2) As a seller I get the same email notification when a customer checking out either with credit, or with cash. It uses the same email template I know. But is there any email tags/shortcode that I can use in the template, that will let me know if this transaction is a cash payment or credit payment ?
3) Error message appeared when checking out with credits :
” Error! City, State, Country data is missing! Cannot track Google Analytics without these data”
I have removed my Google Analytic plugin but still the message came out. When I added the member’s address data, the error message disappear. Why is it? I don’t want to bother the member with so many columns to fill in, just enough with the name and email.
JayFebruary 7, 2015 at 10:27 pm #68280adminKeymaster
1) You can use the following shortcode to show the credit balance:
Use the following shortcode to display the credit usage history:
2) Yes, it uses the same email template for the sale notification. I will need to think about this a little.
3) Go to the “3rd Party Settings” and uncheck the “Enable Google Analytics Tracking” checkbox also.February 9, 2015 at 1:28 am #68281
Great, it works! Thank you so much for such a quick response!
I think you should put the list of shortcodes in the PDF guideline of the addon, it will cut your time to reply this kind of questions.
And I am still waiting for no.2 solution.
JayMarch 26, 2018 at 3:36 am #68282kheapsMember
For whatever reason the link below opens up a ‘USE CREDIT-TOKENS TO SELL YOUR PRODUCTS’ page but there is no content on the page….I’m using Google Chrome, all other posts/links I’ve tried work and display pages with content. This addon seems like it will work for my situation. Is this still a valid page?
Using our credit/token addon for eStore, you can sell “Download Credits” to your members. Then charge them 1 credit for each download:March 26, 2018 at 4:41 am #68283wzpModerator
Try it again, please. It should be fixed within a few hours of this message.March 26, 2018 at 4:48 am #68284adminKeymaster
It should be fixed now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.