Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eMember › Giving access to Affiliates to Create User API
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 6 months ago by dansmith.
August 17, 2016 at 12:17 pm #13662
I have an affiliate who has created a landing page. He would like to capture user information on his site which will create a user memeber automatically in wp-emember. We think he will convert better if users don’t have to jump to our site to signup and have the ability to signup directly on his site.
I have found the documentation https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-membership/api-creating-a-member-account-using-http-get-or-post-447
1) is it safe to give an affiliate access to this API? besides creating users, will he get any other abilities or access to view information from our database etc?
2) if we also want to pass a referrer ID (he is an affiliate) for everyone he signs up from his forms how would we do that?
Thank youAugust 18, 2016 at 2:01 am #73980adminKeymaster
1) Yeah it is safe to give an affiliate access to that API. The API that you referenced only allows you to create affiliate accounts (no access to anything else).
2) There is nothing to do there in terms of passing a referrer ID. The referral system will work out referral and award commission when a member clicks on an affiliate link and buys something.
I have a feeling, you are thinking of doing something like the following (this works on its own):
https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-affiliate/lock-customers-affiliates-addonAugust 18, 2016 at 5:45 am #73981
Pardon me, but I don’t think that API allows creation of affiliate account
It says “WP eMember plugin has an API that allows you to create a member account using a standard HTTP GET or POST request.”
Are you saying this is NOT what this API does?
Perhaps I wasn’t as clear as I could be so i’ll try again.
We currently have an affiliate who is interested in creating his own landing page on his own site. On the landing page he wants to add a contact form where users can input name email etc and it connects to our api in order to create an emember acocunt with a certain account level (which I see on the link I provided that you can pass these values)
If the affiliate passes a new customer via this API, how does the customer track to my affiliate via the affiliate’s landing page?
thank youAugust 19, 2016 at 1:17 am #73982adminKeymaster
What you explained can’t be done unfortunately. Initially, I thought you wanted to allow API access to create emember users (which can be done). Also, if you enable the auto affiliate account creation option in eMember settings then the corresponding affiliate account will also be created.
However, I can now see that you need something different. This is not a feature we advertise for this product.
You will need to look for an alternative product that has the feature you are looking for.August 27, 2016 at 7:10 am #73983
Hi – okay thanks. What I created was an iframe which is hosted on our site. we simply supply the code for the iframe and affiliates can use native emember register form
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.