Tagged: Forum Rules
June 17, 2010 at 8:24 am #1384adminKeymaster
The first thing you need to know about this forum is that this is not a typical forum where you post a product issue and it never gets replied to. The moderators in this forum are qualified software developers. We use this forum to make sure that a customer who purchased a Tips and Tricks HQ product can post issue(s) that he/she is having with the product and can get a reply within a reasonable amount of time (typically within 24 hours on weekdays).
We have thousands of very satisfied customers who like our support and the affordable solutions that we offer. The following rules exist because we would like to continue to offer this level of support without raising our product prices. Your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
1. Please post your issue in the correct forum category:
For example, if your issue is with the WP eStore plugin then do not post this issue in the WP Affiliate Plugin’s forum category as it will confuse anyone who is trying to give you a reply. This will also confuse any of the fellow users who are browsing/searching the forum to find an answer.
If you go to the index page of this forum (https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forum-home) and browse to the “Forum” section (at the bottom part of that page), you can see a list of all the forum categories. Please find the correct category (for the plugin in question) and post your issue there.
2. Make the title of your post relevant to the problem:
Please don’t post issues with titles like the following examples:
- eStore doesn’t work!
- Can you help me?
How will anybody understand what the issue of this post is by reading any of the above titles? Every post is urgent and gets the same priority so please make the title more relevant to the issue. A descriptive post title should have at least 3 words and 20 characters. The following are some good example titles… anyone reading the title gets a good idea of what this topic is about:
- Emails are not getting sent out after a purchase
- Affiliate commissions are not being awarded after a sale
- Manual checkout returns an error
3. Please only post troubleshooting issue(s) relevant to the product in question:
This is a support forum for the Tips and Tricks HQ products so make sure your post is relevant to an issue that you are having with one of the advertised features of our products.
We sell you a product, not customization service. Each product has a list of features that we advertise on the sales page. We can only help you if a feature doesn’t work as advertised. “Technical support” doesn’t mean we will customize your site.
For example, don’t post topics like the following:
- I don’t know how to write a WordPress post, can you help me?
- I need some major customizations done to the plugin, can you help?
- I want to customize a lot of CSS but I don’t know how, can you help?
- I don’t know how to use this plugin that I got from somewhere else, can you help?
- I want to extend this plugin but I don’t know how, can you help me with some code?
- Can you fix the coding errors in my theme’s code that I got from somewhere else?
Maybe, consider hiring a designer or developer to do tasks like the above? Remember, “product support” doesn’t mean that you buy a product for $40 then demand to get $500 worth of design, development and customization work done by us.
We like to help our customers so if you need help with something that is quick, we will most likely help you out even though the topic is completely beyond the scope of this support forum. All we ask is that please consider our position… what do you think will happen if everybody start to ask general questions like this?
We make a promise to our customers that we will resolve any product issue(s) where the product is not working as advertised and we like to keep that promise. We can only do that if you do not abuse our support resources. So please be a little understanding and helpful.
Also, if you haven’t read the “How to Get Help” post already then it is a good idea to read that too:
How to Get Plugin Updates (Note on Plugin Update)
You can download the latest version of a plugin anytime from the following page:
How to Get Your Forum Account Blocked
We are very determined to keep this forum clean and useful for our customers. We will block your forum user account if you are found to be doing the following:
- Posting spam ads on the forum
- Sharing the forum user access with multiple users (we track IP address)
- Using your copy of the plugin on your client’s site (your client needs to have separate license)
- Abusing the support resources
- Violate our Terms and Conditions
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.