October 18, 2011 at 4:19 am #4562
I have followed the instructions very closely to integrate WP Affiliate with hosted PayPal buttons using Option 2.
I have placed the PayPal button on my page, added the 2 lines of code right before the </form> tag, uploaded and activated the PHP Exec plugin, and created test affiliate accounts.
From these accounts they seem to register the actual clicks through the link to the sales page (which contains the button), but does not register the sales.
My page is http://seojuice.net/sale
DaveOctober 18, 2011 at 7:00 am #37637
Your PayPal subscription buttons looks good. The main thing you need to check now is to make sure that the plugin is actually get the payment notification after the sale. Please do the following:
1. Go to the settings menu of the affiliate plugin and go down to the “Testing and Debugging Settings” section.
2. Check the “Enable Debug” checkbox and hit the “update options” button.
3. Now do a test transaction (simulate an affiliate purchase).
4. After the transaction browse to the following folder on your server and download the “ipn_handle_debug.log” debug log file:
5. Share the content of this file so I can check it.
Just make sure that you have IPN (instant payment notification) enabled in your PayPal account.October 19, 2011 at 1:23 am #37638
First problem is I cannot locate a Testing and Debugging Settings menu.
Within the Settings page of the WP Affiliate plugin in my Dashboard I have the following subheadings:
2nd Tier Affiliate Settings
Affiliate Center Index Page Options
3rd Party Shopping Cart Integration
Additional Integration Options
-DaveOctober 19, 2011 at 1:47 am #37639
You most likely need a newer build of the plugin.
Please do the following:
1. Deactivate and delete the currently installed version of the plugin(s).
2. Download a fresh build of the plugin(s) from here:
3. Upload and activate this version of the plugin(s). The specific update instruction for the plugin in question can be accessed from here:October 19, 2011 at 4:46 am #37640
Ok, I have now deleted the old plugin, validated and activated the new plugin, ticked the “Enable Debug” box and ordered a package again through an affiliate link I made.
The click is registering in the control panel but the sale is not (same issue).
Also, the debug log file is blank.
I checked all settings and again ensured that “Enable Debug” was checked and processed another subscription through the button and the log file is still blank.
Here is it:
DaveOctober 19, 2011 at 8:08 am #37641
Okay good, that explains why the sale is not getting tracked (the plugin is not even getting the payment notification from PayPal after a payment).
There could be a few reasons for this. Please go through this checklist and it will help you find out the issue (Check step 4 and 5 carefully and you should find the issue):
As soon as the plugin can receive the payment notification it will be able to track the sales after the payment.October 21, 2011 at 6:20 am #37642
Thanks for that.
Went through the steps and at first glance didn’t see a problem.
As it is an issue with PayPal I simply created a new button on our secondary PayPal account and it worked.
Must be a wrong setting in the first PayPal account.
Thanks for your assistance.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.