May 13, 2011 at 6:47 am #3397
So bought the plugin, cause I figured, this is what I need. Followed every single set up video step for step, and I know my wordpress.
Did the test run video, used the affiliate link, in a new browser, made a purchase, went through paypal, completed purchase. Went back to chrome, logged into the test affiliate. It showed having 1 click through, but it didn’t show any commission.
So uhhh…? Help! lolMay 13, 2011 at 7:47 pm #32439
Support? Is it support holiday?May 13, 2011 at 7:48 pm #32440
Oh and I should add that I tried using the WP Affiliate Debug program and nothing wrote to the log file, so that didn’t help. Then I tried finding the FAQ on how to fix the log problem but the only one I found was for WP eStore which doesnt help, so ya….
Still not working…May 13, 2011 at 8:43 pm #32441wzpModerator
Amin, who is the person that can help you, lives in Australia. Please be patient, whilst the Earth rotates and lines up the timezones properly.May 13, 2011 at 10:03 pm #32442
Thanks WZPMay 14, 2011 at 12:34 am #32443amin007Participant
From the title of this topic I get no idea of what the issue you are facing (I will modify the title so it depicts what this thread is about). Simply tell me what you are trying to do and what is not happening.
Giving me the following information will help me to help you:
1. Which documentation link did you follow to complete integrating the affiliate plugin? 2. Is it just plain PayPal button or PayPal option of another shopping cart?
3. If you have used the plain PayPal button then did you use option 1 or did you use option 2?
4. Post a link to the page where you have the payment button.
The “How to Get Help” post explains what information you should give us:May 14, 2011 at 1:31 am #32444
1. I watched and followed every single video in order and did exactly as they stated found here;
2. It’s a paypal option, I used premiumpress’s DirectoryPress – http://www.premiumpress.com – so it is a paypal option using another shopping cart essentially. On a side note, it’s another user from the PP community that told me about this plugin, and said it installed no issues for him.
3. Didn’t use paypal button, once you create your listing, you click submit, and it takes you to paypal, then paypal re-directs you back to the website.
4. Payment option is essentially here – http://www.bctherapists.net/add-listing/ – you choose your package, input your information, then the submit button on the final step takes you to paypal.
FYI, thanks for the response, I didn’t realize you were Australia, hope the weather is good down under.May 14, 2011 at 1:32 am #32445
Oh right and to just clarify, so once a purchase is made, if I go back to the affiliate test user, and login it, it says that the affiliate had a click through, but no sale.May 14, 2011 at 4:05 am #32446amin007Participant
The video tutorials do not tell you anything about integrating with the payment solution (commission tracking) because it is different for every shopping cart solution. There is an “Integration Section” in our documentation that tells you what instruction to follow for which shopping cart/payment solution for the integration:
We do not have an integration option for the solution that you are using (as you can see that there is nothing in the integration section that mentions about directory-press).
I understand that a user of the other plugin told you about the integration. Now, did the user also tell you what he did in terms of integrating these two plugins? For example, did he use PayPal PDT option in his PayPal account that you are not using?
When using PayPal to process your payments, sometimes it is possible to do the following to get the affiliate plugin integrated with your solution (even though your shopping cart is not listed as one of the supported integrations):
1. Go to WP Affiliate Plugin Settings and check the “Enable 3rd Party Cart Integration” checkbox
2. Enable PDT feature in your PayPal account (specify the URL of your Thank You page that you created in WordPress as the return URL)
3. Specify the PDT token in the “PayPal PDT Identity Token” field of the Affiliate plugins settings menu. This link can help with with the PDT token
Maybe the other user did this and got it to work?May 14, 2011 at 5:35 am #32447
I’ll give that a try Amin and let you know how it pans out.May 14, 2011 at 5:51 am #32448
Apparently this was the missing piece to the puzzle, it worked. I greatly appreciate the assistance rendered. My apologies for the lack of patience, I was sooo stoked about being introduced to your product, as it was exactly what I needed, that when it didn’t work, I was like “nooooo”.
Now I just need to change the address for the return page.
I will certainly pass your plugin on to anyone who mentions needing something like this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.