November 13, 2012 at 5:40 pm #7902avd23Spectator
Further to the email I received from your tech support this morning, I will post all my information to your forum.
Here are my questions on your emember and estore plugins and how they will or will not integrate.
1) One of your tech support people sent a number of emails to me regarding your estore and emember products and using the donate button for members who have no unique ID. Often members from some countries cannot use the paypal BUY NOW interface but the paypal DONATE interface does work. I can through paypal set a defined donation amount which cannot be changed (checked with paypal) and then add the membership level ID to the advanced features of the paypal button and it works just like the one time or subscriber button and a customer can then donate to join and set up their own membership.
Your tech who emailed me told me he was working on the donate button for estore. Did you finish the donate button for your estore?
2) If you did finish the donate button does it work exactly the same as PayPal’s does and allows someone who donates to then join and set up their own account so it does not have to be done manually?
3) Some members start off by sending in a cheque or calling in their phone number and I have to manually add them to the membership list. They do not have a unique ID. However once they are manually added, many of them are then renewing by using either the donate method or the regular method of a BUY NOW button from paypal.
I understand that PayPal is not looking at their unique ID number to renew but instead their email address. So sometimes the member can renew via either method I have made available (PayPal donate or Buy Now) and as long as they use the original email they subscribed through, they are automatically updated and their membership time period is extended without the need for a unique ID number.
However if they use a different email address they are not renewed properly and I have to manually extend their time period.
Can you explain two aspects of estore for this type of transaction.
A) How does the estore donate or renew button handle this problem of no unique ID to renew a membership.
How does the estore donate or renew button handle this problem of no unique ID and a different email address?
Just a thought on the whole membership renewal when the renewal is done by one time payments either monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, etc., why not use the unique USERNAME for handlling all renewals? Does emember not allow usernames to only be used once so that each username is unique from all other members? Wouldn’t a username then be the best choice to make sure the memberships are renewed and time periods extended properly?
Thanks for your support. Sorry about the lengthy inquiry but it will answer all my questions on the estore / emember integration for renewals.
Emember 8.2.4 and WP 3.4.2November 14, 2012 at 3:28 am #51364adminKeymaster
1) Yes, the ability to create a “PayPal Donate Button” using eStore is complete. I sent you an email about it but you never replied to my email (maybe you sent a different email?)
2) Yes. Please take a look at the video on this page which will give a good idea of how the registration process will work with eStore:
3) When your members are paying for ONE TIME fee (not via a subscription), there is no need for that unique ID.
When you use eStore, it will use the logged in member’s info to renew. So their PayPal email address is irrelevant for future renewals made via ONE TIME payment. All you need to do is to make sure the renewal donate/payment buttons are only visible to logged in members/users. This will force them to log into the system before making the payment and the rest will work nicely.
So here is what will happen.
– An existing member logs into your site as a member
– Makes a renewal payment using the eStore “Donate” button
– The account (where the user is logged in) will get updated (doesn’t matter what PayPal email address is used in the transaction)
Please see the following post for more details on this:November 14, 2012 at 7:56 am #51365avd23Spectator
I bought and downloaded the estore plug-in and have a few questions.
1) I do not see the DONATE button in the drop down, that you said was finished.
Where is it in estore or do you have a video tutorial about it and how to use it. As you know a buy now button will not work for donating.
2) When a member renews with the estore button and makes payment, how or where is an email generated to thank them for the renewal.
3) There is a section with the product that says Buy Now or Subscription Type Button Specific Settings and in there is a field RETURN URL. Is this where I would put a direction to a renewal thank you page?
Thanks.November 15, 2012 at 6:55 am #51366adminKeymaster
1) The donate button option was recently added to the plugin. We don’t have a video tutorial for it but this documentation will show you how to create a donate button using eStore:
2) For renewals and upgrades we use a general term called “Account Upgrade”. Go to eMember settings -> Email settings then customize the email under the “Account Upgrade Notification” section.
3) Go to eStore settings and fill in your return page/thank you page URL in the following field:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.